Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys "Bandwagon" Application...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Cowboys "Bandwagon" Application...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Dallas Cowboys Bandwagon Application...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I'm from NOLA, so I'm not allowed to root for those guys, even as a bandwagon fan. Oh darn
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
      Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Dallas Cowboys Bandwagon Application...
      Do they have one for the Dallas Cowgirls?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Do they have one for the Dallas Cowgirls?
        That "joke" is kinda old.

How did YOUR NFL team do, by the way?

We do have these lovely young ladies, though:

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          That "joke" is kinda old.

How did YOUR NFL team do, by the way?
          Yeah, I guess they do call them that. Shows you how much I follow football.

My local NFL team is the Redskins, but I have no idea how they are doing.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            I'm from NOLA, so I'm not allowed to root for those guys, even as a bandwagon fan. Oh darn
            I've heard the Cowboys referred to as "America's Team" - since NOLA is in America, you should be allowed to root for them. BTW, since we have some members who go to the beach on Christmas and wear warm clothes in August, this is the American form of "root" - to root for a team means to cheer for them. Aussies get your minds out of the gutter - it's infested with salt water crocodiles and drop bears.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            My local NFL team is the Redskins, but I have no idea how they are doing.
            Appropriate name, considering that one of the living former presidents is a peanut farmer.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              I've heard the Cowboys referred to as "America's Team" - since NOLA is in America, you should be allowed to root for them.
              Yeah, they have a pretty rich history.

Do you know why they're called "America's Team"?

Back in the late 60's and 1970's, some front-office guys noticed that everywhere around the country that they went, they saw Cowboys fans and Cowboys jerseys. Then there was a "marketing effort" where they were labeled "America's Team" based off of that. The head coach at the time (Legendary Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry) did NOT like the idea.

The NFL having cheerleaders on their teams is also thanks to the Cowboys. As is the little arrows next to the numbers pointing to the End Zones, and a number of other things. The Cowboys are such that people in sports media have (or had) a phrase: "When in doubt, give 'em the Cowboys".

The reason Dallas wears their white jerseys as their "home" jerseys (white is usually reserved for "away" games)? So that the fans of the Cowboys could see the "home" colors of the other teams, and not the same colors (dark blue & white) week after week.

The Cowboys also have approximately 6,576,378 colors on their uniforms...I kid, but they do have somewhere around eight.

From Wikipedia:

The Dallas Cowboys' white home jersey has royal blue (PMS 287 C) solid socks, numbers, lettering, and two stripes on the sleeves outlined in black. The home pants, according to the Dallas Cowboys official media guide, are a common metallic silver-green color (PMS 8280 C) that help bring out the blue in the uniform. The navy (PMS 289 C) road jerseys (nicknamed the "Stars and Stripes" jersey) have white lettering and numbers with navy pinstripes. A white/gray/white stripe are on each sleeve as well as the collared V-neck, and a Cowboys star logo is placed upon the stripes. A "Cowboys" chest crest is directly under the NFL shield. The away pants are a pearlish metallic-silver color (PMS 8180 C) and like the home pants, enhance the navy in the uniforms. The team uses a serifed font for the lettered player surnames on the jersey nameplates.

The team's helmets are also a unique silver with a tint of blue known as "Metallic Silver Blue" (PMS 8240 C) and have a blue/white/blue vertical stripe placed upon the center of the crown. The Cowboys also include a unique, if subtle, feature on the back of the helmet: a blue strip of Dymo tape with the player's name embossed, placed on the white portion of the stripe at the back of the helmet.
              It's also a part of Cowboys lore that when Texas Stadium was built in 1971, the hole in the roof was intentional so that "God can watch his favorite team."

Another side tidbit: When Clint Murchison was ready to start the Cowboys in the late 1950's (their inaugural season was 1960), the vote to join the league had to be unanimous among the other owners. Murchison played chicken with George Marshall (owner of the Washington Redskins at the time) regarding the Redskins fight song "Hail to the Redskins", having purchased it from the Redskins' disgruntled band director.

And a rivalry was born.

More on that here.
              Last edited by mjr; 01-14-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Appropriate name, considering that one of the living former presidents is a peanut farmer.
                I like that. Now to get them to change their logo to a version of Mr. Peanut.

Comment

Slightly off topic but I have a really well trained crew. My GM, a major Packer's fan, came in on Sunday and my cashiers grinned at him and said "Go Cowboys."
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
                  X