This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your confirmation E-mail you Twits

This is not really sucky customer behavior BUT PEOPLE NEED TO CHECK their on-line order before cashing out. I know that most on-line food (and most other like say Amazon) sites have you confirm the order or show you the order a few times before you hit pay and send.

this generic conversation had been happening a little more frequently lately

me: who else but this time I have a very large machete
    IC: customer who has placed an internet order

<me arriving at the customers residence and customer answering the door>
    me: HI did you order some nice red roof pizza?
    IC: yes I sure did.
    me: <reads off the order> and that will be $xx.xx (either cash or CC)
    IC: < signs the CC slip or hands over cash money>
    me: <takes CC slip or takes cash money then hands over order>
    IC: Hold on a minute....... Where is <menu item(s) it varies>????
    me: Let me take a look at the detail receipt <looks at receipt> I am sorry but <menu item> is NOT on the order.
    IC: BUT I ORDERD <menu item(s)>
    me : I am sorry but what you see on the detail receipt is the order we received via the internet. <menu item> is NOT on this order.
    IC: BUT I ORDERED <MENU ITEM> !!!!!!!!
    me: I am sorry but <menu item> is not on this order and you were NOT charged for it.
    IC: BUT I ORDERED <MENUITEM> !!!!!!!!
    Me: sorry but <menu item is not on this order. <I move to leave as there is literally nothing I can do at this point. All customer can do is bitch and moan and then call the store, bitch and complain and get said <menu item(s)> for free>

please for the love of pasta CHECK YOUR ORDER BEFORE HITTING SEND AND CHECK YOUR CONFIRMATION E-MAIL AND VERIFY THE ORDER IS WHAT YOU WANTED. If the order does not include what you wanted you CAN call the store and get the order updated.

Thank you
    Your pizza delivery driver
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

I've committed similar messups with online ordering. I have 2 delivery addresses. One for work and one for home. When I log in, most of the time my default address is my home address. I usually remember to change it if I'm at work. But if I get a bit hasty, I might not notice I sent an order to the wrong address until it's too late.

Luckily both addresses are in the same delivery area, but it's still a major pain in the ass for the driver.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Back when I delivered pizzas I remember this one guy that never put in an updated phone number on his order so when any driver would get there and he had fallen asleep we could not call him because the number was no good.

The fifth time this happened I was out to re deliver his food I told him that it was his fault his order was two hours late and that the next time we would not only not bring him the food but we would blacklist him from ordering again. I should note that he only placed internet orders.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        me: Let me take a look at the detail receipt <looks at receipt> I am sorry but <menu item> is NOT on the order.
        IC: BUT I ORDERD <menu item(s)>
        me : I am sorry but what you see on the detail receipt is the order we received via the internet. <menu item> is NOT on this order.
        IC: BUT I ORDERED <MENU ITEM> !!!!!!!!
        me: I am sorry but <menu item> is not on this order and you were NOT charged for it.
        IC: BUT I ORDERED <MENUITEM> !!!!!!!!...
        You're clearly not following the correct script here. What's supposed to happen is that at about the third iteration of BUT I ORDERED it's supposed to magically materialize in your hand or carry bag. Sheesh, get with the program here!
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          IC: BUT I ORDERED <MENUITEM> !!!!!!!!
          Me: sorry but <menu item is not on this order. <I move to leave as there is literally nothing I can do at this point. All customer can do is bitch and moan and then call the store, bitch and complain and get said <menu item(s)> for free>

please for the love of pasta CHECK YOUR ORDER BEFORE HITTING SEND AND CHECK YOUR CONFIRMATION E-MAIL AND VERIFY THE ORDER IS WHAT YOU WANTED. If the order does not include what you wanted you CAN call the store and get the order updated.
          But if he did that he would not get it for free from your spineless manager.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            When I log in, most of the time my default address is my home address. I usually remember to change it if I'm at work. But if I get a bit hasty, I might not notice I sent an order to the wrong address until it's too late.
            I can one-up that. When I was pregnant I ended up on some anti-nausea pills that made me kinda loopy on top of the pregnancy loopy. For whatever reason, on game night everyone decided I should order pizzas online. So I logged into my account and ordered pizza. A few minutes later I get a call that my husband answers and it's the pizza place saying they were out of a topping. After he hangs up I realize...that was a SC area code. I live in AZ.

I ordered pizza to be delivered to my parents' house instead of mine. My husband called and canceled it, fortunately they were amused. *hides*

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              But if he did that he would not get it for free from your spineless manager.
              At this point I will defend my managers. IT is COMPANY (franchise and Corp.) policy that the smallest complaint get free shit NOT MATTER WHAT and no questions asked no matter if we the store messed up or the customers screwed up.

Nothing we can do as in if we refuse they will go up the ladder and get free shit no matter what we or even the franchise do or not do.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
              X