This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Fair Food this year...

I didn't want to put this on the other thread, so I decided to do this one...

Here's some of the foods that were in the food contest for the upcoming Texas State Fair (complete with pictures)...

https://bigtex.com/food/choiceawards/

-- Deep Fried Chicken Noodle Soup
    -- Funnel Cake Bacon Queso Burger
    -- Texas Fajita Fries
    -- Tamale Donut
    -- Surfin' Turfin' Tator Boat
    -- Deep Fried Froot Loops.
    -- Pinot Noir Popcorn
    -- Gulf Coast Fish Bowl
    -- Fried Texas Sheet Cake
    -- Fat Smooth

And here's a list of new foods this year:

https://bigtex.com/food/newfoods/
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

The bacon cream corn and blackened shrimp stuffed baked potato look pretty tasty, actually. The pecan pie poppers look like a good idea that's not as well executed as it could be. Needs a LOT more pecans, all through the muffins. None of the 'choice award' list looks appealing to me.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Pretty much anything with bacon is good in my book.
      Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        -- Deep Fried Chicken Noodle Soup
        HOW?????

-- Fat Smooth

Last edited by Seanette; 08-25-2017, 02:23 AM.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          HOW?????
          My guess is probably some kind of dough that's deep fried.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Funnel Cake Bacon Queso Burger
            I would so eat this.

Comment

Not exactly state fair food, but my local Triple-A baseball team had a "Bacon Week" at their ballpark, where they offered all sorts of things made with bacon, like bacon pizza, bacon-topped funnel cakes, bacon nachos, bacon fries, and hot dogs with bacon. My personal favorite was the bacon funnel cakes, they were delicious!

Comment

Hm I think the bacon creamed corn sounds pretty good, and the shrimp fritters, but most of them just sound disgusting.

I have pretty simple tastes, I like classic funnel cakes, the deep fried/tempura veggies, corn on the cob [butter, salt and pepper and occasionally with the garlic parmesan sprinkles] and the Big E baked potatoes.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  corn on the cob [butter, salt and pepper and occasionally with the garlic parmesan sprinkles]
                  Ooh, that sounds delicious!

Comment

I want the bacon queso burger (of course mom thinks I'm nuts).

WTF is a "Fat Smooth"? Looks like Munchkins on a stick with chocolate sauce.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                      WTF is a "Fat Smooth"? Looks like Munchkins on a stick with chocolate sauce.
                      The second link in the OP outlines what the new foods are. Fat Smooth sounds like an apt description of what it actually is.

The Fish Bowl sounds like a diabetic nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                      X