This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms. Unhappy

So I started working for the company that must not be named that is a fruit. Technically I work for a third party doing order support for company of fruit. I thought this job would be amazing.. work at home. They provided me with a really nice computer to work from.. month of paid training and not even having to talk on the phones.. all chat.

Anyway.. I could probably fill an entire page up with some of the customers i've encountered. They all seem extremely entitled.

Last week I encountered Ms. Unhappy. She had ordered one of the new fancy series something or other watches and was not happy that she had to wait till october to receive it. I explained to her that there were a lot of preorders for this watch and we take pre orders on a first come first serve basis. So if she didn't preorder her watch right after midnight, her delivery date got pushed back. She was unhappy with this and demanded that I expedite her shipping because she had to plug her computer in using her generator power during Hurricane Irma in order to pre order this watch. She deserves compensation!!! I take pride in telling these people no. It is one of my favorite things to do in a.. compassionate way. She threatened to take the chat log to the media.

I just shook my head and moved on to my next chat.. but I needed a shot when i got off of work!

And as a former member of the media (albeit back when the media had a spine) I can tell her that most media reps would say "Thank you, we'll look into it" and then get off the phone and say to the office at large, "You won't BELIEVE what this idiot thinks is a news story ..."
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I love my job most of the time. i really do.. but customers like this are what drive me to drink!

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        And as a former member of the media (albeit back when the media had a spine) I can tell her that most media reps would say "Thank you, we'll look into it" and then get off the phone and say to the office at large, "You won't BELIEVE what this idiot thinks is a news story ..."
        I can second that, and I don't even work in the newsroom!

And you would think someone whose power is out due to a major hurricane would have more important things to worry about than ordering a new model phone that will be superceded by ANOTHER new model in 6 to 12 months.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I can second that, and I don't even work in the newsroom!

And you would think someone whose power is out due to a major hurricane would have more important things to worry about than ordering a new model phone that will be superceded by ANOTHER new model in 6 to 12 months.
          Exactly.

I know 2 or 3 winters back, when we lost our power for a week and dealing with an ice storm and relying on a generator to keep the microwave, heat and coffee maker going (also tv otherwise Mom and brother would go bonkers) I certainly wasn't worrying about ordering <insert item of the moment here> . . .

It's called priorities, people. Save the wants for a better time, not whenever the mood hits you.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            Exactly.

I certainly wasn't worrying about ordering <insert item of the moment here> . . .

It's called priorities, people. Save the wants for a better time, not whenever the mood hits you.
            BUT I deal with this kind of crap all the time.

two rain drops fall MUST ORDER PPPPPPPIIIIIZZZZZAAAAAAAA why? I have NO clue

Two snowflakes OMG OMG OMGOMGOMG The snow Armagedeon HAS ARRIVED!!!!!! what shall I do?????? I KNOW MUST ORDER PPPPIIIIZZZZAAAAAA Why? I don't know

THEY JUST DO like the world is ending and there will be NO FOOD LEFT ANYWHERE.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              I always did my best with those to let them know - politely, gently, but firmly - that what they had was NOT a news story, and why. One of my former bosses did a great blog post (back when we had blogs) about things that are not ever going to be news stories, and it was lost when our site was redesigned. I have combed Wayback for it but it appears to be truly gone, and that's a shame because he did a masterful job explaining it.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                two rain drops fall MUST ORDER PPPPPPPIIIIIZZZZZAAAAAAAA why? I have NO clue
                We had a strange variation on this back in NOLA, where it rains quite often (usually)...Any time it rained, yeah, those phones started ringin' -- but this indicated a significant increase in pick-up orders. If anything, delivery orders were below average, and the ratio tipped further and further toward pick-ups the worse the rain got, in a town where the streets flood at the slightest provocation (and this was 15+ years ago, when our pumping systems were still properly maintained). Someone explain that!
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That is an unusual news story. "Company delivers product in the order paid for." I don't believe she was anywhere near a hurricane.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    If anything, delivery orders were below average, and the ratio tipped further and further toward pick-ups the worse the rain got, in a town where the streets flood at the slightest provocation (and this was 15+ years ago, when our pumping systems were still properly maintained). Someone explain that!
                    Perhaps you actually had some decent customers who didn't want to make delivery drivers go out in that? Or perhaps they thought that the wait time for delivery would be higher/delivery would be cancelled if it flooded, they didn't want to wait, so they went out themselves?
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

gj - That had occurred to me; we had some cool customers in the mix ^_^

My favorite "flood story" was when we had a particularly bad storm one day, and we had to shut down delivery because we had water coming in the front door and none of us drove Hummers (save for the owner, natch). One guy who lived about 3 blocks away asked why we had to do so, as he was unaware of any street flooding -- We knew he would be in our flood zone, so we said "Sir, why don't you go look out of your front door; we'll wait." He said "OK" and set the phone down to do so. 30 seconds or so later, he picks up again : "Er, never mind O_O"
                      Last edited by EricKei; 10-04-2017, 02:52 AM.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                        Perhaps you actually had some decent customers who didn't want to make delivery drivers go out in that? Or perhaps they thought that the wait time for delivery would be higher/delivery would be cancelled if it flooded, they didn't want to wait, so they went out themselves?

Interestingly enough, the fruit companies customers have this tendancy to complain about fedex or ups not delivering during bad weather.. snow storms.. hurricanes.. that kind of stuff.. and we say to them.. well you're more than welcome to have it held at a carrier hub and you can pick it up! And they say.. i dont want to drive in this weather!

Comment

Unless a company is doing something extremely shady, messed up or illegal or it's something that's negatively impacting a LOT of customers (See: Samsung Note 7 fiasco) it's NOT going to be a news story.

You being upset with company policies is NOT a news story.

You thinking an employee was being rude to you is NOT a news story.

You being angry that you can't always get five bars of signal at home is NOT a news story.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I may have mentioned this story before.

One night I ordered pizza for delivery, only to be informed that they weren't delivering because of the weather. So I ordered it for pickup. After a short wait everyone got in the car and drove over to the pizza shop to pick up our order. It wasn't there. While we waited for it to be remade we found out it had been sent out for delivery. But no one was at the house to receive it.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                            X