Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My elderly neighbor had a fierce indoor/outdoor cat. I was shocked when visiting that she was directing her son on hanging a bird feeder outside - well within Fluffy's range. She saw my expression, and said, "They only get the weak ones, dear."

I had another friend who refused to put out bird feeders, because in his opinion, it helped the weakest birds get through the winter and breed, lowering the resilience of the species.

I can't imagine what clay litter does to the solid waste stream in a community. It can't be recycled or burned for energy. I wonder what CCL would do if she had to dispose of it herself?

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
      ... I can't imagine what clay litter does to the solid waste stream in a community. It can't be recycled or burned for energy. ...
      From my memory, they use it for the entrées in the school lunch program.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        From my memory, they use it for the entrées in the school lunch program.
        That was before the South Florida building industry cornered the market.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
          I had another friend who refused to put out bird feeders, because in his opinion, it helped the weakest birds get through the winter and breed, lowering the resilience of the species.
          I hope he doesn't have the same attitude toward people.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I also have three cats in the house. There's my cat Xenu, who doesn't know how to hunt, and there's my brothers' cats, Daisy and Zeus. Daisy is, in a word, a murderer. We probably shouldn't let her out for all the songbirds she kills. But the worst is the little bunnies. We have all these miniature wild bunnies that live around here, and we have had more than a couple live ones hopping around the house. She's good. She's brought us mice, snakes, skinks, and rats. I don't think the variety is going to end. So I do have sympathy for those who say you shouldn't let your cats out. At the very least, because something might show up that wants a cat for dinner.

Comment

Working...
            X