This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Christmas Hag

This particular SC is well known for coming into either the supermarket or petrol station and asking a random employee the same stupid question. The exchange will generally go as follows:

SC: *stops random employee, usually when they're doing something important/helping another customer/trying to go on break* What time do you open Christmas Day?

Random Employee: Um, we're closed Christmas Day.

This will provoke a massive strop of such frightening intensity, you'd think that someone had just kicked the Christmas Hag's puppy. O_o Yes, she does this every year around this time. She is either a) suffering from short term memory loss, b) trapped in Groundhog Day and forced to repeat the same actions over and over or c) batshit insane. Me, I'm leaning towards the third option. It's amazing that she hasn't been banned yet. O_o
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Probably holds the opinion that if enough people ask, eventually management will decide that the drones don't deserve that solitary day off each year...
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Well gosh, I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to give up your Christmas to stay open for a sweet, genteel viper like her.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Do you think she makes a day of it? Gets dressed in her favorite "bitch" outfit, puts on her Superbitch make-up, practices throwing a tantrum over something that most people already know and don't care about? Might be her only entertainment, something she looks forward to every year.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Gosh, isn't doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results a textbook example of being batsh*t crazy?

I'm actually agreeing with Mooncat, she just enjoys throwing a fit over unimportant stuff to someone who can't call her out to make herself feel just a little more powerful.

See? Batsh*t crazy.

Comment

She must not have anywhere to go/anything to do on Christmas day. It's sad, actually.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Sad? Hardly. It seems perfectly clear to me WHY she has nowhere to go on Christmas Day. Who'd want that dribbling acid all over their nice holiday decorations and goodies?
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

sounds like the name of a cryptoid.

be warned, if ye be closed on christmas day never tell anyone lest ye run into the christmas hag, she will suck any positive feelings from you.
                Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                  sounds like the name of a cryptoid.

be warned, if ye be closed on christmas day never tell anyone lest ye run into the christmas hag, she will suck any positive feelings from you.
                  ROTFLMAO

I bet the list could come up with a whole list of CS cryptoids +)
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                    ROTFLMAO

I bet the list could come up with a whole list of CS cryptoids +)
                    I did something like that once...
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Just remember: Even if the manglement DOES decide to open up on XMAS day, this will NOT in any way oblige her to actually show up and buy stuff. If anything, she'll probably start complaining about the cruelty of the owners making you all work that day...
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        If anything, she'll probably start complaining about the cruelty of the owners making you all work that day...
                        My thoughts exactly...you're damned if you're open, and damned if you're not.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          LOL that was wonderful =)
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Congratulations on ruining Christmas, LNS.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I seem to ruin Christmas earlier and earlier every year. XD Next year, I'll probably ruin a Christmas two days after.

There's no way that we'd ever open on Christmas Day, as the union would kick up a stink if it was even suggested, so I'm agreeing that the SC is probably batshit insane and coming in to ask the question is her only pleasure in life.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X