Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typos and other turns of phrase (long)

So, I've been working as an editor for a company that does mystery shopping for the past two years. -- Below are some of the more amusing typos and poor phrasing I've encountered.

My thoughts follow the typo:

The product on the shelves was racing forward. -- People will watch anything race, and probably bet on it too...

The windows were covered with humanity, but were otherwise clean. -- I guess that means they were beyond filthy?

Produce dispensed from each flavor of the frozen beverage machine. -- I think we may have just solved world hunger... that or this place has really terrible slushie flavors...

The used coffee grounds were being immediately deposed. -- Word is the Republic of Tea is moving in...

I purchased the Columbine blend coffee. -- I'm not certain I want to know what went into that blend...

The restroom supplies were adequately shocked. -- Probably by the smell...

The windows were mugged. -- They were in a dark alleyway though, so no surprise there...

The windows were smug. - The drapes were rather humble though...

The employee was properly depressed. - I mean, it was a retail store, so maybe this isn't a typo...

The cookies were fully stocked with beer. -- Those sound like some interesting cookies...

The employee had browning-gray hair. -- I wish my hair was browning...

The employee's name was broiled onto her shirt. -- I prefer mine to be fried on to my shirt personally...

The landscaping was well marinated. -- I'm pretty sure this is not what they mean by backyard bbq...

I purchased nested brisk sweet tea. -- I blame auto-correct for the nested, but brisk and nestea are two completely different brands

The employee was wearing a citronella polo shirt.

The employee was wearing green tea.

The wiring had been neatly sortied. - It seems the war with the machines has begun...

The employee was suggestive. - As Takei would say, Ohhh my.

The wiring under the counters was neatly stewed. - All it needed was a fresh bay leaf and some Worcestershire and it would have been a good meal...

The employee had long blind hair. - Isn't all hair blind?

The coffee got fresh. -- No word on whether it was slapped in response...

The employee's hair was covered by a banana.

I performed a drive by on the location.

I purchased a cane of soda. -- I think i just found my next joke magic item for D&D

The employee had ear-length back hair.

The [male] employee was wearing a black shirt and pantys. -- 1: As George Takei would say "Oh myyy." 2: I'm genuinely surprised that one didn't auto correct.

The owls and other windshield cleaning supplies were stocked. -- I guess that is one definition of clean...

I purchased Nine Lies cat food. - Must be for cats that belong to politicians...

The employee was a multi-colored louse. -- I'm sure that's a health code violation of some kind...

The fountain machines dispensed produce just fine. -- That's a pretty neat trick. Also... ewww...

The employee had brown hair puked up under a hat. - Uh...

(Describing the weather) It was cloying. -- Maybe this person just really hates being outdoors...

The merchandise on the shelves was affronted. -- No word on what set them off...

The employees were treating the costumers politely. -- The makeup artists were getting the short shrift though...

An air horse was available. -- Not sure if this is a mythical animal or just an inflatable kiddie ride...

The walking cooler appeared to be a little bit disheveled. -- Must have had a rough night, especially since he appears to be full of beer...

I purchased an Arizona Ice Team. -- I just wonder which one it was, and I hope he got a good deal.

The mean room smelled. -- The kind rooms were ok though.

The fact food counter was clean. -- No mention of how the opinionated food counter was doing.

The fuel pumps were rust and gnome free. -- I hear de-gnoming can get expensive...

The employee was wearing a gray Moth Face fleece. -- I prefer butterfly faces myself...

The employee was watering a company uniform. -- Must be a home grown company...

Tongs were being used to service the customers. -- Oh my...

I made sure the restroom had been whipped down. -- What did the poor restroom do to you?

The employee was wearing a company vest and sacks. -- I mean I skip laundry day once in awhile too...

The cooking area had no geese spills. -- I want to know what they were cooking here...

There were no seals in the coffee area. -- They've moved on from birds to aquatic animals...

The drunks were neatly stacked. -- Guess they ran out of room in the cell?

The employee had long frowning hair. -- Must have been a bad hair day...

The parking lot was free of potholders. -- Now what am I gonna do if I need to grab something hot...

The employee had a pheasant. - I assume they meant to type pleasant demeanor and somehow forgot an entire word...

The widows were clean and not streaking. -- I should hope so...

The car said, "Thank you. See you soon." -- I think this person just met KITT.

The employee did not make any philanthropic endeavors. -- I do not think that word means what you think it means...

The location had automatic lightning. -- Sounds like an interesting place.

There were no visible odors in the restroom. -- Umm... that is a really really good thing...

The restroom was primadonna toy clean. --I really want to know how autocorrect thought that this is what they meant to type...

She had a blond pony (they were describing her hair). -- Must be trying to start a petting zoo?

There was stool in the janitor's closet. -- One little word makes all the difference...

The floor needed to mope. -- I never realized floors could be so emotional...

The employee had short back hair. -- That's a good thing... I suppose...

The pimps had tape all over them. -- Uh... ok...

The fat food counter was clean and organzied. -- I'm not entirely certain this is actually a typo...
    Last edited by Chanlin; 10-12-2017, 05:16 PM.

Oh dear...

Here's my contribution:

For some reason, an email was sent to the department heads with today's lunch menu...complete with typo. "We have Hot Dongs for lunch" (supposed to be "hot dogs").
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

At least some of that is autocorrect shennanigans.

Comment

Yeah, a goodly amount of the typos I get are autocorrect, which for me makes them even funnier for me. Not all of them turn out as good as these do, I tend only to make note of the ones that I can make a pith comment on or the ones that genuinely make me laugh out loud.

Comment

I like the citronella shirt (keeps the bugs away!) and the male employee wearing panties. Whatever floats your boat!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've actually since learned that citronella is a legitimate color of yellow/green fabric... I'm still mostly certain this case was an autocorrect and not an intentional call out to that color.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
              So, I've been working as an editor for a company that does mystery shopping for the past two years. -- Below are some of the more amusing typos and poor phrasing I've encountered.

I purchased an Arizona Ice Team. -- I just wonder which one it was, and I hope he got a good deal.
              Well, I've heard the NHL has been looking for a buyer for the Phoenix Coyotes; he could probably get a good deal there. Only condition is you can't move them to Canada.

Comment

Working...
              X