This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Their flight was delayed ...

... so they did what any group of weary passengers would do ...
    Last edited by Pixelated; 11-25-2017, 03:59 AM.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

This is why I love Newfoundlanders so much

Comment

Praise all dieties that there wasn't a pipe band available!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Heh, the US networks call it "Folk Dancing" and a folk party and what not.

The Canadian media called it for what it was. A good ole Newfie Kitchen Party.

Comment

It's what we do here Take a bad situation and make it better by having a good time! It's how Newfoundlanders have managed to hold out here for so long. The island is terribly beautiful and the weather is often horrible, but we'll grin and get through it, usually with friends, music, dancing, and stories. It's ingrained in the people here, and the CFAs and NBCs (Come from aways and Newfoundlanders by choice) are quickly indoctrinated and absorbed into the culture. You will be assimilated LOL

Comment

I thought you were going to say "the island is terribly beautiful, and the weather is beautifully terrible".
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Oh, it is definitely that! Most importantly though is that it's home

Comment

Oh Lord my last housemate introduced me to Great Big Sea and now I cannot remove Mary Mac from my brain....
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I adore GBS, and have met all the guys at least once out and about town. I've also got all their signatures on a sign I made and a tipper I brought with me to a concert in BC many years ago LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X