Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Christmas Cards-Tally Time! - Please don't forget!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
    We will be attempting something different this year. As you all know by now, we have lost a dear friend in Plaidman this summer. He participated faithfully for as long as I can remember, and I think it would be nice to let his mother know that he (and she) are in our thoughts in what will surely be a difficult holiday season. That said, I have set up a separate sign up event for those who wish to send a Christmas card to Momma Plaidman. Even if you will not be sending cards in the big exchange this year, feel free to sign up for this event... there's nothing to be tallied and no penalty for *not* participating. This is simply to honor a man who was a friend to us all.
    I love this idea. I was actually thinking about this the other day. It had occurred to me that this would be coming up soon and made me sad to think that there would be no card from Plaid. So this is great and I will definitely be signing up for both.

I supposed I should use my parents' address this year, since my lease is ending in November and I currently have no idea where I will end up. In which case, unless I can't avoid staying with them for a while, I will be picking up a whole stack o' cards each weekend.

ETA: Signed up! Last year I got so many Christmas cards in my random box o' stuff that my work gives out every year...I'm probably good for the next few years...
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 09-14-2011, 10:43 PM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Announcement: Signups are now open for the 2011 Christmas Card Exchange event.

You have until October 23, 2011 to sign up. After that, you will be able
      to change your mind until October 31, 2011. We look forward to seeing you
      Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

I think I'm going to have to pass this year, what with being perpetually unemployed and all.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm in again!

It's a lot of fun checking the mail to see which cards have arrived and put them up in the living room!

Can't wait!

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I think I'll make my poor mailman cry again this year...

I hardly get any mail except junk mail and netflix, but christmas card comes in droves.
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I just signed up for both. Mrs. TGK was amused by a lot of them last year. This will be my third year. Having lost a child myself, I can understand what MamaPlaid has been going through.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

K, I'm in. Both lists. Looking forward to my postman's puzzled expression.

Comment

Signed up for both.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    I think I'm going to have to pass this year, what with being perpetually unemployed and all.

Noooooooo!

Comment

I signed up. Now I have to figure out what the heck kinda cards to do.

Comment

Christmas cards, I think.

*ducks incoming thrown object*
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Wait, kara's on the list? Oh, have I got something special to put into *her* card...

ETA: And no, it's not perverted. It's just an in-joke I have with her that, once she gets the card, she can explain to all of you
                          Last edited by Pedersen; 09-17-2011, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                            Noooooooo!
                            Sorry to disappoint you, BE. I hope someday you'll find it in your heart to forgive me.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

And our annual Christmas Card Exchange probably wouldn't be the same without me as well . . .

Which is why I've signed up again - and also for the Plaid event as well.

Now the question is does my Mom want to put the tree back up this year (we took it down last year after leaving it up for the previous 2.)
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                                Sorry to disappoint you, BE. I hope someday you'll find it in your heart to forgive me.
                                I suppose I shall have to arrange a hand delivery again...

Comment

Working...
                                X