Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Bugs and questions, and also site suggestions

Closed Thread

Signature length limits
Old 10-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Bookkeeper

Default Signature length limits

Is there any hope of getting more than 200 characters of text to work with? I'd love to shuffle through more of the memorable lines I've seen on this forum, but only have a few that can fit two into the same signature, even by removing quotation marks and such.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 10-30-2016, 06:50 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

I've been able to squeeze four lines into that limit, but that's about it. Mine usually come in just under that. The restriction has been around since before I first signed up, presumably to keep things within a reasonable length. I wouldn't mind longer lines, while maintaining the 4-line limit.

Up to PPE
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 10-30-2016, 10:33 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Some girls are never happy.... I want to make it bigger...and...longer...

Old 10-31-2016, 02:33 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

I ain't touching that one. For multiple reasons o_O
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 11-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Administrator

I've increased the line length from 90 to 120 characters.
I'm not sure what limits the number of lines, or overall length, yet... I'm still looking into that.

If the added characters begins to cause formatting issues on people's screens, I will have to dial it back, but with modern resolutions being higher than they used to be, I'm thinking that 120 should be safe.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:11 AM
Bookkeeper

Appreciate the thought, but it's still complaining about overall character limit. Here's what I wanted to use:

"Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit
"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Last edited by Seanette; 11-04-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quoth Seanette View Post
Appreciate the thought, but it's still complaining about overall character limit. Here's what I wanted to use:

"Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit
ok, I'll keep poking around to see if I can find what is controlling the overall limit.
I'm sure that there is a setting; I just cannot find it - yet.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:47 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

PPE - I think I found it via some old vbulletin help threads. Will PM you info, as only you can access it.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
PPE - I think I found it via some old vbulletin help threads. Will PM you info, as only you can access it.
Thank you. Got it updated.
You should be all set Seanette.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Bookkeeper

Thanks! That'll allow for more variety, and some of the better lines I've collected will fit a lot better.

Closed Thread