Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Cashier

Slightly off topic but...my ex always was and still is considerate in that because I don't smoke, he tries not to smoke around me, and if he NEEDS to fire one up, he'll ask, and open windows, etc.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:34 AM
escaped retail slave

Quote:
Quoth JuniorMintz
Good News! There's no sign saying I can't take that lit cigar from you and shove it up your ass, either!
If only we couldnt get fired for saying things like that.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Old 07-10-2006, 02:51 AM
Vibrator and lube expert!

Quote:
Quoth Slave to the Phone
Yes. In many places, its against the law to smoke outside by doors as well.

I disagree with these laws because they impact property owners. If I owned a business, it should be my decision to allow smoking or not. If I choose to allow smoking, non-smokers can choose to visit my establishment or not. If I choose to not allow smoking, smokers can go somewhere else if they want. Its my business and my customer base. If my bad decisions make my customers go elsewhere, its my fault. Its just not right for the government to make these decisions for me.
I disagree because second hand smoke can cause serious health complications, thus making it a health care issure, thus making it a government issue.

Slightly more on topic, has this customer never been in a grocery store before? Um....duh there's no smoking in there. Just like there's no smoking in hospitals. Moron.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:46 AM
Heavy Metal Admin

In the supermarket where I worked, we had signs up everywhere that said, "Thank you for not smoking." One of my coworkers pointed that out to a customer who was smoking in the store, and the customer insisted that the signs didn't say he couldn't smoke, they were just asking him not to, and he didn't have to agree to that, and therefore, could smoke if he wanted.

I wonder if he's the jackass who's responsible for my "Something's Burning" story.
Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Old 07-10-2006, 04:28 AM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth chantal
I disagree because second hand smoke can cause serious health complications, thus making it a health care issure, thus making it a government issue.
I fully agree that second hand smoke can cause serious health problems. I also agree that government supported facilities should be smoke free. What I disagree with is that Big Brother has the ability to tell a private business owner how s/he should run her business.

If you don't like smoke in a popular bar, you can just go down the street and drink in a non-smoking bar. Don't like smokers in a certain eating establishment? Eat somewhere else.

Life is sometimes hard and I understand that you don't want to breath my second-hand smoke. So, please stay out of establishments that allow smoking.

If enough people boycott an establishment due to smokers the owner(s) will make their establishment smoke free. Free markets are a good thing IMO.

I don't eat meat. I don't demand that everyone around me stops eating meat so that my dining experience is flawless. I just go to places that don't serve meat and possibly contaminate my food with blood.

Quote:
Slightly more on topic, has this customer never been in a grocery store before? Um....duh there's no smoking in there. Just like there's no smoking in hospitals. Moron.
I totally agree with this. Its been at least 15 years since I've shopped in a grocery store that allows smoking. Moron needs to get with the times.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:56 AM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth alphaboi
"SC: Well I'm not putting this out! Do you know how much these cost!?"
Ack. I hate lines like that, because you know that the subtext is "They cost more than you've made all day, peon. A subservient grunt like yourself could never understand the value of such a luxury item."

Hate.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Never give up!

That is when you get a bucket of water. You know the old saying, "where there is smoke there is fire", You were only keeping everyones saftey in mind.

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Optical Prime

Quote:
Quoth Slave to the Phone
Where was the Rule #1 warning?!?!?
Hey, who forgot to put the sign up!

Old 07-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Just some guy

Heh - had a call the other day where it could have been so much longer.

"Brand *** baking powder. Does it have aluminium in it?"

"Um, it shouldn't have..."

"Can you check? I've got a customer insisting that they know it contains no aluminium."

"I can check the specifications, but it doesn't say anything on the lable about having aluminium in there."

"Can you check?"

*clickety click*

"Oh, it's been discontinued."

The call ended after a brief farewell. I looked over at my colleague. "That could have taken much longer," I said.

She asked what it was about and I explained. "Why could that have taken longer?" she asked.

"The labels also don't say they contain concrete."

Rapscallion

Old 07-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Stalker Magnet for Hire

Quote:
Quoth Slave to the Phone
I fully agree that second hand smoke can cause serious health problems. I also agree that government supported facilities should be smoke free. What I disagree with is that Big Brother has the ability to tell a private business owner how s/he should run her business.

I'm only posting this to be contrary, but Big Brother has been telling the private business owner how to run their business for years. "Pay your taxes. You have to pay your employees at least this much. You have to have insurance and contribute to the insurance of full time employees. Etc."

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the indoor smoking laws. I'm just being contrary for the sake of it as I've been on my best behavior for the last few weeks due to family events that demand it.
Closed Thread