This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to the mods

I couldn't think of another clean way of doing this other than hitting the report button, so I did this.

I just wanted to say sorry for the mods because I feel I've been a little too twitchy with the report button lately. And that I will try to tone it down unless I do see something worth reporting.
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

We encourage the members to use the report button when they see something that they aren't happy with.

We don't always act on it, but we do appreciate that people go that route rather than bickering in a thread.

It would be pretty self-defeating to start telling members to lay off the report button.

Apparently you feel you've been overly touchy and quick to report, but I hope none of us mods made you feel that way. Do whatever you feel is right for you and for the best interest of CS.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Hmm. I feel like reporting Bliss. I feel that the feeling of not hitting report when people should, is a personal insult. I mean how else am I to get in trouble right?
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

And now I find myself needing to report Plaidman. In demanding that people be properly reported, he is openly targeting (and, of course, unfairly) those who are merely exercising their right to free speech by discussing controversial topics.

In the immortal words of Jason Fox: "Punish him! Punish him!"

Comment

Screw you all! Report me, too! I hate being left out!
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

If there is ever a question between reporting a post and not reporting, I hope that you and others will continue to report.

Sometimes no action needs to be taken, but we really appreciate getting the heads up on things that could be problematic.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

That's right. Even if we don't do anything, we keep a close eye on anything that's been reported, as it's better to know in advance if something might go down hill.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I always feel weird reporting for smilie only posts because of this: Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Although smilie only posts aren't encouraged.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That's a standard bit of text that I could change, but I've never really felt the need to.

Rapscallion

Comment

Fair enough, Fearless Leaderâ„¢.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

In a similar vein, I keep wanting to change this thread title to 'Hail to the mods' for an Evil Dead reference

Rapscallion

Comment

Raps, you'd get Uber Points if you did.

Normally, when I see something that I think should have an eye kept on, I'll just drop a PM to a Mod that happens to be online at the time.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The only problem with that is that when someone goes offline, they appear as online for up to fifteen minutes or so. There's a chance you will miss them. The report button gets an email to all mods, so it guarantees a faster response.

Of course, I don't mind being the sole object of your affections...

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                            The only problem with that is that when someone goes offline, they appear as online for up to fifteen minutes or so.
                            Why is that?
                            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

It's fairly standard on forum software. No idea why they do it. Probably something technical.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X