X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Error

Woah now this is what popped up when i tried to get into the chat :

-Scream.NL.AfterNET.Org- Sorry ComputerTechGirl, your Internet Address (IP 68.210.224.74) is listed by SORBS as a past abusive host, so we are regulating connections from it.

I've been in ONE TIME and logged directly out cause no one was on... not cool. help?

are you on dial up or a high speed connection?

Comment

dial up why?

Comment

ok let me quote someone from another board i frequent that had a simaler problem as you.

This happens to me frequently as well. AOL users share many IP addresses, so if someone using the same IP addy gets banned,
        try connecting to chat again and see if you get the message again.
        Last edited by Ringman; 07-12-2006, 04:04 AM.

Comment

but i'm not using aol? i'll try.......

Comment

same deal ringman grrrrrr

Comment

have you looged off your dial up connection since you have been experiancing theese issues?

Comment

Probably won't help. They're probably blocking all 68.210.224.* which basically means someone using the same ISP you are, got nasty there and got the entire ISP banned. Because of roaming IP with ISPs, most places will just block the entire ISP network than to deal with an ISP that won't kick the offender off their network.

I would attempt to contact Scream.NL.AfterNET.Org to see what details you can bring to your ISP to kick off the offender to unblock that IP range. Or maybe Scream.NL.AfterNET.Org can let you in somehow without unblocking the IP range.
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

or you could go to Mad-Bassist's website and download his cs chat program and that might take care of the issue.

http://www.mad-bassist.com/chat/

Comment

The basic problem is afternet is run by morons. For some unknown reason, they've decided to add in a blocklist that no other irc network uses. Unfortunately, if you're on a dialup isp, it is very difficult to get on there since they have almost all dialup ips blocked.

To get around it hop onto their main www site http://www.afternet.org and register a username and password. Then when you connect, just type "/quote pass /username/password" (use the username and password you put in) .
                    Last edited by LionMan; 07-13-2006, 02:27 AM. Reason: corrected last sentence

Comment

I'm going to try it and see if it works.... if not tonight (still haven't gotten my confirmation email) then tomorrow... thanks ya'll

Comment

well it worked but no one's there!

Comment

Working...
                        X