This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

Just out of curiosity, does it take a while to get out of training mode? Must be annoying having to moderate all the posts from trainees, especially ones like me who tend to post a crap all at once lol.
    Check out my blog!
    Remember to Follow me!
    Also Check out my Facebook page here!

We don't like to reveal the exact criteria for coming off of moderation.
    After all, it would kind of defeat the purpose to tell someone what it takes if they sign up with ulterior motives.
    All they would have to do is fill the necessary requirements and then start spamming or trolling.

It's all explained here.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

ah, makes sense i suppose. Still must be annoying for you guys lol. is there something that pops up that lists all the posts that need approval? or do you have to stumble upon them in the threads?
      Check out my blog!
      Remember to Follow me!

Comment

We have means of seeing a queue of posts and threads awaiting moderation. If you think we've missed one, feel free to PM us.

Rapscallion

Comment

Nah, was just curious. Ive run a couple boards in the past and never used that feature. seemed interesting :P forgive me nosiness lol
          Check out my blog!
          Remember to Follow me!

Comment

Heh - it's what this section's for! It's a very useful feature, mind. Since it came in the membership haven't seen any spam, trolls, or those two charmless neo-nazis from a few years back.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth ServantofthePeople View Post
              Nah, was just curious. Ive run a couple boards in the past and never used that feature. seemed interesting :P forgive me nosiness lol
              As far as I know, it's not that common, although with forum spam becoming a huge problem, other boards are starting to take similar measures.

Ours was meant to be a temporary measure, after a short-lived troll invasion. We had a much worse one about a year prior, so we decided we'd put this in place until it blew over. It turned out to be quite helpful, so we kept it. It's thwarted a few trolls, a couple of stalkers, and countless spammers.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I, for one, really appreciate it. It's one of the things that keeps this community such a nice place to be. That, and a truly excellent team of mods.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Seconded, AC. I love how locked-down this forum is. Makes me feel a lot better about posting some of the things I do.

Comment

I also appreciate it!

I know a couple support forums that do the same thing...although with that, it makes tons of sense...
                    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Yeh, one thing I do appreciate about this place is the complete lack of trolls, spam, etc!

And everyone here appreciates the mods, as opposed to seeing them as being oppressors of free speech as is the case on some boards.
                      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                        And everyone here appreciates the mods, as opposed to seeing them as being oppressors of free speech as is the case on some boards.
                        Believe me, we've been called that, and much worse.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

and yet, you moderators tend to be a cheerful, friendly... or at least not a biocidal lot!
                          Talk about a hobby! May I ask how much time the site sucks up from your life? (... or is your life? ) /nosy
                          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                            The people who say that don't understand what "free speech" means. Don't like what someone standing on a soap box in a certain corner of Hyde Park is saying, so you run up to them and shove a gag in their mouth? That's being an oppressor of free speech (in addition to committing assault and battery). Bouncer in a private club (since Raps is paying for the hosting, we're all guests in his club, and the moderators could be considered "bouncers") takes action against someone who's in violation of the club rules? That's merely enforcing the rules of a private club - if someone doesn't want to follow the rules of a private club, they need to get out and start their own.

Just because someone is a member of a country club doesn't give them the right to drive their golf cart across the greens.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X