Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.S. most people also know to back away... slowly... when Colt gets like this. His targets also tend to get the "speechless Da " face. Colt's either about to do something crazy, or something incredibly stupid.

...usually the latter.

Comment

• Hmmm.... Does the Nexus translate Klingon?

There's no undead? So does that mean the ones spitting on the victims are still alive?
      Last edited by Ghel; 09-06-2013, 01:44 PM.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Yes, they are still very much alive. Normal human power, average etc. So far at least. There have been casualties, however..they just are not getting back up like zombies would have..and seem to be accidental/incidental. As for translating, normally yes..but it probably would not bother with just a string of curse words..especially if they are not actual words (ie mispronunciations and such)

You two are the first on the scene, you must have been closest. The others are converging on you. Remember, that though they are attacking anything that doesn't move, however, these are just innocent people who are being USED. Probably by some poison the 'skip' has concocted.
        Last edited by Mytical; 09-06-2013, 06:51 PM.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• and yes, Dominick CAN be sung to Bonnie...
          ...and The Marine CAN be sung to Gilligan... and vice versa. I'd know, my CW reenactment unit spent four hours and many-many-many beers doing it over the 9/6-9/8 weekend.

Comment

• Who's the highest-ranking person among those arriving that Sappuityok recognizes? (Searching with xer powers.) Xe's going to run to them to explain the situation.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Electra is both the highest ranking and most powerful on scene right now. Though Goldie is older, he has been part of the IDP for longer. Since he doesn't age, he has been part of the IDP since earth was in the dark ages.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Does the skip port nearby, or does he go a great distance? Can Sapputiyok still sense him?
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

• He didn't go far. So yes xe would be able to sense him.

Comment

• Heh you will not meet two people so opposite as Electra and Derrick. Well maybe Jekyll and Hyde.. maybe. Now imagine having to put up with Electra for hundreds of years....

Comment

• Yes, Sappuityok is planning on suffocating the skip.
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• I'm not going to post in the IC thread until I see how Goldie and others react. Only going to mention that Sapputiyok would offer to help corral the infected ones.

ETA: I posted this before I saw Marmalady's post that Mytical's in the hospital again.
                        Last edited by Ghel; 09-12-2013, 01:28 PM.
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• O_O whaaaaaat?!

Comment

• btw, 'tiyok isn't likely to really accept how Colt killed the guy... a knife hammered into a skull so as to collapse it with a 'splode and splat of grey matter and gore... yyyyyyyyyyyeah... not something too many folks would shrug off.

Comment

• I thought about that, actually. First, Sapputiyok has seen xer share of death, even before joining IDP. Xer people are not shy about public executions (think beheading, drawn-and-quartered, etc.). Second, Sapputiyok can "see" a person's insides even when they're intact. The way Colt killed the skip merely moved those insides outside.* Third, Sapputiyok considered the skip to be an alien. And though xe normally has greater respect for beings who are more powerful than xer, the way the skip used his powers made xer hate him all the more. Fourth, Sapputiyok isn't the type to let xer emotions get the better of xer. Even when Electra was totally pissing xer off, to the point of shaking with rage, xe still kept it in check so xe could get the job done. (Yeah, even I don't know what xe's going to do if xe ever loses control.) So it all adds up to Sapputiyok either being less affected by the skip's death than Colt or at least not showing it as much.

*Colt could have convinced Sapputiyok to merely keep the skip unconscious and take him to Strongarm. It wouldn't have taken much convincing, but xe would have had to be convinced - just "we need to take him to Strongarm" without a reason wasn't enough. This isn't criticism, just trying to explain how I'm playing this character.
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Heh might take Colt a bit to adjust to the fact that IDP is more like the bounty hunters in his world then 'police'. Mostly because of Strongarm. He won't take guff from politicians, doesn't answer to them, and is more concerned that the job gets DONE over 'by the book'.

Comment

Working...
                                X