This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things Not To Do In Sydney #459

1. Have it so that the weather is very warm and humid (It may be only 29C but it feels like 40C)
    2. Go to your local park wearing clothes.
    3. Strip off said clothes down to your Speedos.
    4. Pull out a towel and lie on it, trying to get that tan.
    5. ??????
    6. Do so really close to a main road where EVERYONE who happens to be walking, bussing or driving past can see you.

Oh and it happened to be an older guy too-nothing wrong with that in itself, it's rather the whole "WHY WOULD YOU DO IT IN A PUBLIC PARK?!" type thing that has me going
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Meh, It could be worse.

He might have taken off the Speedo.

I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Dunno, sounds very Sydney to me.

Now if it were Melbourne .....
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        Dunno, sounds very Sydney to me.

Now if it were Melbourne .....
        In Melbourne, the guy would be at a tanning salon. We don't get enough sun, even in summer, to get a tan the normal way.
        Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

Reminds me of a story about my uncle...he came home from Austin one summer...tanned all over as he'd sunbathed in hippie hollow, the local nude beach.

Comment

My ex husband did the all over sunbathing thing one time... he wound up with a sunburn on the bits that hadn't seen the sun before then. I must be evil, because I found it quite amusing, even while dealing with my own sunburned bits.
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth aulocksmith View Post
              In Melbourne, the guy would be at a tanning salon. We don't get enough sun, even in summer, to get a tan the normal way.
              I don't know, I get burnt pretty quickly here

Comment

I can get burned in ten minutes in the shade, in Melbourne. But that says more about me than about Melbourne - and about how (#$@# careful I have to be visiting relatives in Brisbane.

(Brisbane is sub-tropical, Melbourne is temperate - and faces Antarctica.)
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                  My ex husband did the all over sunbathing thing one time... he wound up with a sunburn on the bits that hadn't seen the sun before then. I must be evil, because I found it quite amusing, even while dealing with my own sunburned bits.
                  I did that once. spent a day at a nude beach and got that sunburned (the only time) that certain parts of my anatomy radiated heat for 2 days after.

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
                    I did that once. spent a day at a nude beach and got that sunburned (the only time) that certain parts of my anatomy radiated heat for 2 days after.
                    I do have to wonder if his happens to people who regularly sunbake on nude beaches. (NSW apparently has a few, legal or not, while SA has a grand total of "one")
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

There's a reason what non-Australians call sunbathing is called sunbaking down here

Comment

Working...
                      X