X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    The everyone fled to cover except the preacher, the groom and the bride. She was instantly soaked, her beautiful long flowing lacy dress gained 40 lbs, her hair was hanging in her face and her make-up was running down her face. She ignored everything but her goal, kicked her skirts out of the way and slogged up the path to get married.

She was wearing towels in the wedding pictures but it was pretty obvious that she cared nothing about that. All she cared about was being joined to her adoring husband.

That is the type of woman all us single men want to marry.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      And there was me thinking I'd heard everything when one woman, who was due to get married at the church in my village, asked my mother (who was church warden at the time) to stop people putting flowers on their relatives' graves that weekend, in case the colours didn't go with her scheme.
      That's an easy one to accommodate. Just have the bride provide flowers in her colours for all of the graves. Problem solved.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

(bride got rained on on her way down the aisle) She was wearing towels in the wedding pictures but it was pretty obvious that she cared nothing about that. All she cared about was being joined to her adoring husband.
        I strongly suspect that marriage will last longer and do better than those of the "it's all about ME" Bridezillas who throw massive tantrums about trivia and steamroll right over any one else's opinions/wishes, even the groom's.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        That's an easy one to accommodate. Just have the bride provide flowers in her colours for all of the graves. Problem solved.
        I like how you think.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I made historic garb for an attendant participating in a wedding. The wedding was to be held at one of those living history sites. The bride was surprised and dismayed to learn after booking that the site was not going to be closed to visitors during her wedding. In fact, the animals weren't even going to be tied up or corralled.

Attendant confided that the date on the calendar had noted "____'s and ____'s wedding," but 'day of doom' had been scribbled over it, owing to Bride finding a new crisis to fret about on a regular basis.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Oh it was solved even easier than that. By the 5'2" of hardcore that is my mother telling the woman that her wedding would last a couple of hours at most, but the folks in the graves were there for eternity. Accompanied by a 'Mom' look that can freeze soup in cans.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post

(bride got rained on on her way down the aisle) She was wearing towels in the wedding pictures but it was pretty obvious that she cared nothing about that. All she cared about was being joined to her adoring husband.

I strongly suspect that marriage will last longer and do better than those of the "it's all about ME" Bridezillas who throw massive tantrums about trivia and steamroll right over any one else's opinions/wishes, even the groom's.
              )
              My brother married a bridezilla, the marriage lasted roughly 9 months. Rob and I went to a justice of the peace wearing jeans and tshirts, had to borrow a ring to use in the ceremony [yup, we both used it for the ring part then gave it back] and have been married since 1991 ... he spent $30 000 and we spent $150 including license, bloodwork and justice of the peace. Our honeymoon was the long weekend of the Kingdom of Atlantia Spring Coronation [um, Bear Mountain National Park that year? Can't remember offhand the campground. It was like a Boy Scout camp or something, chow hall, primitve privies, shared showers and all. Absolute fun =)]
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

The groom and preacher were in their places and the bride was walking the garden path to them when the sky opened.

The everyone fled to cover except the preacher, the groom and the bride. She was instantly soaked, her beautiful long flowing lacy dress gained 40 lbs, her hair was hanging in her face and her make-up was running down her face. She ignored everything but her goal, kicked her skirts out of the way and slogged up the path to get married.

She was wearing towels in the wedding pictures but it was pretty obvious that she cared nothing about that. All she cared about was being joined to her adoring husband.
                OK, I've just gone all gooshy.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I ran into a story on Reddit where a Bridezilla who just showed up at the local zoo in full regalia to have her wedding, and then demanded that the zoo get rid of the crashers—you know, the paying customers visiting the zoo.

Ah-ha! I found it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/IDontWorkHe...ride_vs_geese/

Comment

Also reminds me of a Reddit story about a girl who "had to quit her job" because "wedding planning takes so much time" and was fighting with her fiancé because he wouldn't get a second job to pay for the really expensive wedding...
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

For the past few years, I've been saying that, if Hell freezes over and I finally get married, we'll probably just wear our clean pajamas at the home.

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
                        if Hell freezes over and I finally get married, we'll probably just wear our clean pajamas at the home.
                        Court or Vegas, eh?
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          Court or Vegas, eh?
                          Nursing Home.

Comment

As a side note to the non-Bridezilla story, Some wedding groups would leave a mess, ignore the staff, take all of the food (their right, its their food) and then complain that they were billed for leaving a mess.

NB's wedding party cleaned up everything, there wasn't even a scrap of tissue on the lady's room floor when they were done and the groom's father tipped everyone he could see and gave me an extra 20 because it was my safety pins holding the bride's towels together.

They also asked and then left all of the food for us because we wanted it. (It was made very clear that if we didn't want it, they would deal with it.)

Nothing but joy, happiness and consideration on their special day. It was a pleasure to be there and I hope they are always as happy as they were that day.

Comment

Sounds like the kind of family that are a joy to work for in a professional setting. They're the kind of people that staff in shops, restaurants, etc. will bend over backwards for since they know it will be repaid in kind.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
                                For the past few years, I've been saying that, if Hell freezes over and I finally get married, we'll probably just wear our clean pajamas at the home.
                                "Clean pajamas"? Well La Dee Da! Ain't we fancy Lord & Lady Jane!
                                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                                X