This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Chanlin View Post
    Where would you find all of the following: Chokey Chicken, Conglom-o, Holl-o-wood, Kind of a lot o' Comics, and Really Really Big Man?
    Rocko's Modern Life. All of those were in O-Town, with the exception of Holl-o-wood.

What were the original three nicktoons and how long did they run on Nickelodean?
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

What were the original three nicktoons and how long did they run on Nickelodean?
      "Doug" (4 years), "Rugrats" (13 years) and "Ren & Stimpy" (5 years).
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Trick question. JASON killed zero people in the original F13 movie as the killer was his mother. Jason was the killer in the sequels. I loved watching Drew Barrymore die when she got that question wrong in the opening scene in the first Scream.

What show is considered the first spin-off and what show was the character originally from? HINT: The answer is from Old Timey Radio not TV. If you want to call foul I will take it.
        Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
        Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
        Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
          What show is considered the first spin-off and what show was the character originally from? HINT: The answer is from Old Timey Radio not TV. If you want to call foul I will take it.
          "The Great Gildersleeve", from "Fibber McGee and Molly"?

And you nailed the "F13" question.

Who is the only actor from the movie "M*A*S*H*" to return in the TV series?
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

What show featured a character called Marina who was unable to speak?
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post

And you nailed the "F13" question.

Who is the only actor from the movie "M*A*S*H*" to return in the TV series?
              Gary Burghoff as Radar

But I don't have a question.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                What show featured a character called Marina who was unable to speak?
                Stingray

Which fictional TV character (currently airing show) has a father who is a rock legend? Bonus: Who is the rock legend and what band does he play with?

Comment

He played King Arthur and he played a Knight Templar (in 2 different TV series). Who is he?
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                    Which fictional TV character (currently airing show) has a father who is a rock legend? Bonus: Who is the rock legend and what band does he play with?
                    Would that be "Angela" from Bones, whose dad is supposed to be Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top?
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Kirsten "Penelope Garcia" Vangsness is only the second actor/actress to appear as the same regular cast character (by that I mean, appeared in the opening credits and in every show) on two different and consecutively running television shows ("Criminal Minds" and "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior").

Who was the first?

And what were the shows?

(I'll check back tomorrow and see if I've stumped the band...)
                      I guess I'll post the answer now...

Richard Anderson played OSI Director Oscar Goldman in both "The Six Million Dollar Man" (1974-1978) and "The Bionic Woman" (1976-1978). It is also notable that in their final seasons (1978), "T6MDM" aired on ABC while "TBW" switched to NBC, meaning he played the same character on two different networks at the same time.
                      Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 12-03-2011, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                        Would that be "Angela" from Bones, whose dad is supposed to be Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top?
                        Correct on all counts

Comment

Correct.

What Movie were the "Stations" trying to get the group to guess in their game of Charades in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
                          Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                          Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                          Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

ID the movie this quotation is from (bonus points for naming the voice actor):

"But I rememberrrrr...[...] That was the real stuff! That was WIIIIINE!"
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Richard Anderson played OSI Director Oscar Goldman in both "The Six Million Dollar Man" (1974-1978) and "The Bionic Woman" (1976-1978).
                              Thank you.
                              That one had me stumped, I admit.

Now a point of order from a mod standpoint:

I know this isn't my thread, but for the sake of clarity and uniformity, I am going to ask that people who are posting new trivia questions should either answer the previous ones still waiting, or hold off until others have answered.

It can easily get confusing and hard to follow for anyone new to the thread to have old questions still sitting unanswered, and it can be frustrating for a member to have their question end up ignored or buried under a mountain of other questions.

For anyone who has a post that seems to have been lost in the shuffle, it's OK to quote yourself and bump the post just in case it got missed.

Other than that, I have to say, I love this thread.

To recap, I think we still have these questions left to be answered:
                              Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              He played King Arthur and he played a Knight Templar (in 2 different TV series). Who is he?
                              Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
                              What Movie were the "Stations" trying to get the group to guess in their game of Charades in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
                              Quoth EricKei View Post

Last edited by Ree; 12-04-2011, 03:51 PM.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

Is that the Skull from "The Last Unicorn"? was Rene Auberjonois I think

I have to admit the King Arthur one has me stumped.

Comment

Working...
                                X