This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean underwear for firefighters

So for those unaware, Washington State and British Columbia are burning pretty good right now. One of my coworkers is in the National Guard and he was sent to Colville to help fight fires over there (they are fighting 6 separate ones in that area alone). He's been pulling 24+ hr shifts.

A group of housewives and their children from that town have come forward and are gathering up laundry, washing it, and returning it the same-day to the firefighters, at no expense.

My CW is so happy just to have clean underwear, as that's been a luxury that's been lacking for them. It's a simple gesture, but it means a lot to my CW and his colleagues out there.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Sometimes it's the simplest things that make the most difference.

That's a really sweet, thoughtful gesture of appreciation.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

That's really a nice thing to do. I think I read that now the Okanogan wildfire is the biggest in the state's history. Even today, though the haze has cleared I can still occasionally smell smoke. Very much wanting rain.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        That's really a nice thing to do. I think I read that now the Okanogan wildfire is the biggest in the state's history. Even today, though the haze has cleared I can still occasionally smell smoke. Very much wanting rain.
        I went up to Artist Point the other day to see if I could get above the haze. Nope, still can see and smell it there.

I hear we're supposed to get legit rain this weekend, though! *crossing fingers*
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

There was a very noticeable haze, and smoke odor down in Seattle last Sunday, what with the E. WA and Skagit Co. fires.

I'm very glad not to be any closer than I am, as I have COPD and Asthma, and have been feeling the smoke, even when it isn't visible to the eye.

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

What you need is a few days of rain like we had here on Wednesday.

It bucketed down, all day. There were times when I could barely see out of the windows. Let's hope it's heading over to you guys... meanwhile, stay safe everyone.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
              What you need is a few days of rain like we had here on Wednesday.

It bucketed down, all day. There were times when I could barely see out of the windows. Let's hope it's heading over to you guys... meanwhile, stay safe everyone.
              I would love some of that. Every time the forecast calls for rain lately, we're lucky to see a half-hearted sprinkle. A good heavy rain would be most wonderful now.

Back OT, it's absolutely wonderful what the Colville folks are doing for the firefighters. A big to them!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It's wonderful what those folks are doing. I have a cousin out west who is a large scale firefighter. I don't know if he's involved in WA or not. I do know that those men & women should be praised to no end for their work and sacrifices. I do hope that you get some much needed rain out there, too!
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                X