Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe one of our members mentioned carrying a knife in her bra when doing medieval reenacting.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I actually have a bra sheathe and have used it on more than one occasion, lol. Nothing beats the looks on a guy's face when you pull that sucker during a spar. Usually carry a prop in it for re-enactments but do have a real knife that fits as well if needed.

Comment

It works best if you're already wearing a steel-boned corset. Then you can simply strap a sheath to the busk (centre front boning) of the corset; which is already a straight piece of steel.

Side note: it's called boning because it was originally made of whalebone; although the more expensive corsets used the baleen of any of the species of baleen-using whales.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          It works best if you're already wearing a steel-boned corset. Then you can simply strap a sheath to the busk (centre front boning) of the corset; which is already a straight piece of steel.

Side note: it's called boning because it was originally made of whalebone; although the more expensive corsets used the baleen of any of the species of baleen-using whales.that's the effect it has on blokes when it's done up very very tightly....

Fixed that fer ya
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I had to laugh because just the other day one of the cashiers asked me if she could refuse bra money. It was a hot day that day and the customer in question was apparently large and sweaty.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
              No, its because we are allowed to carry purses. Guys get made fun of for not being able to fit wallet, keys, laptop and phone into their clothing.
              A fact a lament quite often. I have pockets, sure. I would rather carry a small bag (ie. purse) with me because it can hold more stuff. I call a well organized purse "A bag of holding". (seriously, I have seen how much some ladies can fit in them. TARDIS levels of stuff.)

I want a purse.
              I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Messenger bags and laptop bags are becoming OK for men to carry. Maybe that would work for you.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I carry a backpack wherever I go...it can hold my book, my umbrella, whatever I plan to buy that day and extra bags for what won't fit.

Comment

I have a friend who constantly uses her cleavage to hold her money and her phone. I always feel bad for the people who she gives that to. One day while we were in the car together she asked me to put some money into her wallet because she was driving (NOT money she had, it was cash from a fundraiser we had done). I ran out of hands, so stuck the money in my mouth for two seconds so I could flip the wallet open. She FLIPS out on me about how gross it is that I just did that. But... your nasty bra money is totally okay to make people handle?
                    Last edited by Kyree; 08-06-2015, 03:11 AM.
                    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                      I carry a backpack wherever I go...it can hold my book, my umbrella, whatever I plan to buy that day and extra bags for what won't fit.
                      You should have seen what I could put into a backpack (it was a bigger one with a metal frame) that I used when I commuted from home (out by the airport) to downtown (2 miles north of the Loop)when I lived in Chicago.

Had extra pair of shoes, socks, umbrella, lunch for the day, book to read on the EL, a few reference books, rain poncho, etc.

One time I carried a medium sized dot-matrix printer home so I could delivery it to a nearby store.

PURSE?????? WHO NEEDS A STINKIN MAN BAG!!!!
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        ...PURSE?????? WHO NEEDS A STINKIN MAN BAG!!!!
                        Any guy who has 'nads.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                          I ran out of hands, so stuck the money in my mouth for two seconds so I could flip the wallet open. She FLIPS out on me about how gross it is that I just did that. But... your nasty bra money is totally okay to make people handle?
                          She was right. That money could have been in someone's bra, or worse. Yuck!
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                            Sadly, I have been "informed" by "associates" of certain "retail establishments" that neither backpacks or messenger bags are not allowed. Because of the risk of thief.

Yeaaaaa, and that woman with the purse that "can hold a small dog" is different then me how exactly? Oh, because I am expected to use pockets, yes, that makes no sense whatever, thank you.
                            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                              Sadly, I have been "informed" by "associates" of certain "retail establishments" that neither backpacks or messenger bags are not allowed. Because of the risk of thief.

Yeaaaaa, and that woman with the purse that "can hold a small dog" is different then me how exactly? Oh, because I am expected to use pockets, yes, that makes no sense whatever, thank you.
                              We don't allow bags carried through the store of that nature but we will let you keep them behind our service desk kiosk until you're ready to leave.

One regular customer brings in a portable folding cart that she uses to tote her bags home in and she'll park it behind the counter as she comes in.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I guess the stores I frequent know that I'm a "good" regular, because I never get asked to open my bag (of course, the fact that I actually buy things almost every time instead of suspiciously loitering around might have something to do with it). The only exceptions are the two local "warehouse" stores (BJ's, Costco), where I leave my bag at the entrance when I go in and pick it up on my way out because, seriously, I'm not undoing all fifty zippers on my bag. As long as the alarm doesn't go off when I go through the sensors at the door, no one cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X