This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
    I want that fat-assed bitch who fired me to end up paralyzed from the neck down.
    To match her existing paralysis from the neck up?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      But the best things in life are "hot water, good dentishtry and shoft lavatory paper".
      Thank you, Cohen.
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

...And an update.

Yesterday a final "fuck you" arrived in the mail courtesy of the Elongated Hexagon Inn.

It was a check for almost $100, and printed on the check was the disclaimer that the check was void after 90 days. By looking at the postmark and the date on the check -- which I had not been expecting because I had direct deposit for my paychecks from them -- I was able to find out that they waited exactly 90 days to mail it.

They made double damn sure that the check would be expired before they sent it, and at no time in the past three months did they ever try to get ahold of me to tell me I had money sitting around there.

Discuss.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I guess you can try to cash it, don't know if it would work.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

If this is money they owed you, then take it along with the postmarked envelope to the local labor board. If you feel like it, you might want to first let them know that unless you receive a negotiable check in the next three days, you WILL take this to whoever you have to go to, to get them in trouble. It may not be a lot of money but if they owe it to you, they have no right to keep it. Frankly I would probably just head over to the labor board without giving the assholes advance warning. At least call and find out what recourse you may have to get your money.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yeah, pretty sure that's illegal. From the DOL site, "If the regular payday for the last pay period an employee worked has passed and the employee has not been paid, contact the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division or the state labor department."

I probably wouldn't pursue it over $100, but then again, I AM a pretty bitter person. So maybe I would...
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I got lucky when I took it to the bank. Their view was that as the check was only a few days past its expiration date, and since the envelope was clearly marked with the date it had been processed, they cashed it.

Now, if Elongated Hexagon tries giving me any trouble, I bounce them to the bank and tell them to kiss my hairy ass.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Make sure you keep the envelope, if possible, or ask the bank to give it back to you. Take a picture of it, and then keep that bank statement. Then, call the labor board if ANYTHING comes up from the assholes.

Comment

actually, I'm fairly sure that - while I doubt anything would come from it- it is actually illegal to intentionally send someone an invalid payment for a debt. ( it is technically fraud)

Comment

Working...
                    X