This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm a lumberjack and i'm ok!

so this weekend in yellow campground land there was a famous(?) lumberjack competition in town, hence my title, so the park was packed to the gills... almost as bad as the 4th of July... but fewer kids more adults. it was mostly quiet, aside from a few exceptions.

1. today, one of the big-arse 150 amp breakers decided to overheat and trip, killing power for 3 hours to 24 sites and 4 cabins... in 85 degree heat. yes i know that's peanuts compared to florida or texas, but come on... that's HOT for wisconsin! got it fixed at least

2. more fun with the bikes. we lock the bikes, and give a key when you rent them so you can unlock them. had a SC today who decided to leave the keys IN the locks... and then throws an attitude at US when he comes back an hour later and can't find them. he eventually says "not my problem" and walks off. fortunately for him all the keys turned up later in the day, or he'd be getting a nice $5 per key charge showing up on his bill....

3. first time for this... lady is shopping in the store with her kid... kid doesn't seem antsy or anything... the mom is perusing the candy... i'm starting to mop as its the very end of the day... all of a sudden the mom is like "i'm sorry... we had an accident... at least you already have the mop out..." i look, and this kid is still in the midst of peeing himself left a puddle by the candy and a trail out the door.

ay yi yi thank God the weekend is over

Compared with some SC's, #3 is practically a model customer! At least she told you, instead of just grabbing her kid and spiriting him out of the store without a word, leaving some other customer to slip and fall in the puddle and you getting blamed for it.

Of course, it would have been better had she actually asked to borrow your mop...

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
      Of course, it would have been better had she actually asked to borrow your mop...
      Of course, it would have been better had she taken her kid to the restroom before he pissed himself.

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
        1. today, one of the big-arse 150 amp breakers decided to overheat and trip, killing power for 3 hours to 24 sites and 4 cabins... in 85 degree heat.
        Waaaaah! If people were camping like real campers, not putzing around at rural Hyatts, they would never have noticed a lack of power. /rant from someone who grew up camping in actual tents and sleeping bags on the ground

2. fortunately for him all the keys turned up later in the day, or he'd be getting a nice $5 per key charge showing up on his bill....
        For that attitude, I would have been tempted to charge him anyway. "Oops, we never did find those keys. What a shame, asshat."

3. "i'm sorry... we had an accident... at least you already have the mop out..." i look, and this kid is still in the midst of peeing himself left a puddle by the candy and a trail out the door.
        Yeah, she should have offered to clean it up herself. Maybe Da Rules say you can't let her (for liability or whatever), but even if I knew you couldn't, I'd still offer. It's the gesture that counts.

Speaking of making wet messes on floors: at the movies the other night my husband stood up to let someone go down the row and his pants caught the edge of my uber-large drink cup. It's the kind that's so large it won't fit very far down into the seat's cupholder. Well, 48 ounces of soda went all over the floor. I warned the people around us to keep their stuff off the floor then I went to let the staff know there'd been a spill, apologized, and offered to help clean it up. They sent me back with a roll of paper towels and said they'd get the rest when the movie was over. It wasn't perfect, but at least the crew didn't walk into it unsuspecting.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          at the movies the other night my husband stood up to let someone go down the row and his pants caught the edge of my uber-large drink cup. It's the kind that's so large it won't fit very far down into the seat's cupholder.
          Fail on the part of the theater, having cupholders that won't accommodate the large drink cups. Why can't they use "stepped" cups (7-11 and all the major truck stop chains do) where the reduced diameter bottom of the large cups will fit securely in a cupholder? BTW, what's the difference between an uber-large drink cup and a lyft-large (or taxi-large) cup?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Waaaaah! If people were camping like real campers, not putzing around at rural Hyatts, they would never have noticed a lack of power. /rant from someone who grew up camping in actual tents and sleeping bags on the ground
            of the 24 sites and 4 cabins that lost power, only maybe 5 or so reported it to us... the rest were chilin at the pool or waterslide or tubing on the river or etc etc etc. biggest concern i had was if anyone had pets. i know i would be unhappy if the power went out at my site with my two dogs in my camper in the heat like that.

For that attitude, I would have been tempted to charge him anyway. "Oops, we never did find those keys. What a shame, asshat."
            oh trust me... i was tempted. reeeeeally tempted. as it was i left notes on his reservation that he was a jerk.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Fail on the part of the theater, having cupholders that won't accommodate the large drink cups. Why can't they use "stepped" cups... fit securely in a cupholder?
              It's a movie theater, and they make their money on the concessions, so they penny-pinch everything they hand out the cups are the cheap paper things that go soft on the sides if you play with them too much. The cup holders fit the bottom, but the cupholder is only about two inches deep and has a solid bottom to it to keep smaller cups from slipping through. The cup itself is so tall and wide at the top that it is really easy for them to tip out. With the smaller sized drinks, proportionately more of the cup is in the holder, making it harder to accidentally tip them out.

BTW, what's the difference between an uber-large drink cup and a lyft-large (or taxi-large) cup?
              LOL! Sorry, über-large. But it's smaller than what my hubby dubbed "The Urinator", which was a 64 ounce insulated mug I got from a gas station years ago. $0.99 to fill it up, and I did every day on the way to work. That was a cup!
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

lol, that was my thought. I only can remember one camp ground we ever used which had power hookups. That was when we went to the ocean, so it wasn't really camping, it was basically "this is cheaper than a hotel."

We often camped where it got warm, but I can't remember ever using the AC. I could see it getting really hot if we stayed inside with the doors and windows shut, but that just didn't happen. I mean, we did have campers, but nobody actually stayed inside unless they were cooking, sleeping or using the bathroom.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                  Compared with some SC's, #3 is practically a model customer! At least she told you, instead of just grabbing her kid and spiriting squirting him out of the store without a word, leaving some other customer to slip and fall in the puddle and you getting blamed for it.
                  Fixed that for you.

When reading the title, I thought of this.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I believe the term you are looking for is Glamping = Glamorous Camping
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glamping
                    http://www.glamping.com/what-is-glamping/

Basically Glamping is taking a highend hotel room (complete with nice soft bed bathroom, tables and chairs, dressers and closets AND WiFi/internet access, cell phone tower), transferring it to a LARGE tent along with the inclusion of chefs, servants, butlers, attendants, etc. and dropping it in the middle of an otherwise primitive campground area or park.

THIS IS NOT CAMPING!!!!!!!

I 2d your rant as most if not ALL of the camping I have ever done was in a normal tent with a wood fire, meals cooked over said fire and even heating up water over said fire so I could nominally bathe near the end of the 4 day campout. Yes the campground did have running water from a well nozzle, but everything else was pretty primitive.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

first park i worked at years ago was something like 17 miles away from town... so no cable. and DEEP in the trees, so no satellite either. it always amused me how many people would drive in down the 3.5 mile twisty turny hilly country road that led from the interstate to the park with their 40 foot hotel-room-on-wheels, walk in, ask if we had cable and be told no, and turn around and leave.

the one that boggled MY mind the other day was the entitled asshat on a facebook group for internet for RVers who said that he would rather have no internet at all than internet that was not fast enough to stream netflix and crap on. when i called him on it and said he was being an asshat, someone else piped up and said "we know what we're talking about, we wrote a book on the subject of fast internet for RV parks..." *click unfollow group* *queue 2 hours of b****ing at my husband about rampant stupidity online* blargh (just to give you an idea of how off base the idiot is... the park i'm in now has 240 spaces... at capacity we have around 800-900 people here. the owner of the park just spent THOUSANDS of dollars installing a brand new system with 10 hardwired antennas and the fastest and most bandwidth DSL service it was *possible* to get from the local provider... there WAS no bigger package...our system is, quite literally, as good as it CAN get... and we can't allow streaming when the park is full.)

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
                        the one that boggled MY mind the other day was the entitled asshat on a facebook group for internet for RVers who said that he would rather have no internet at all than internet that was not fast enough to stream netflix and crap on. (snip) the park i'm in now has 240 spaces... at capacity we have around 800-900 people here.
                        WTF? Why bother going to (and paying for) a resort if all you're going to do is watch Netflix? You can do that at home. I can understand people at an RV park wanting to be able to check their e-mail, but that doesn't take much bandwidth. Don't those asshats realize that if everyone at an RV park streamed Netflix (I recall reading that they recommend a minimum 3M of bandwidth), it would require an INCREDIBLE "pipe" (720 megabytes/second for ONE device in each spot, around 2 /12 gigabytes/second for one device per person).
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                          Of course, it would have been better had she taken her kid to the restroom before he pissed himself.
                          Exactly what I was thinking when I read that. I think I would have had to bite my tongue in two just to keep from asking her why she couldn't have been bothered to stop her browsing for a minute to take her child to the rest room.

People like that chap my ass. . .
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

well, like i said, the kid wasn't antsy AT ALL...no dancing, no fidgeting, no gripping his crotch, no "mommy i gotta goooooo" no nothing. i had no idea he had to go. and he was more than old enough to indicate if he had to go (i estimated him to be kindergarten age +/-).

only thing i can figure is maybe he was mentally impaired somehow and just didn't indicate when he needed to go? heck if i know... altho if you had a kid like that you'd think he'd be still wearing diapers or something. meh. probably better not to think of such things. i mopped it, they're gone now, life goes on.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              Exactly what I was thinking when I read that. I think I would have had to bite my tongue in two just to keep from asking her why she couldn't have been bothered to stop her browsing for a minute to take her child to the rest room.
                              To be fair, not all kids let the parents know in time to do anything. When I was that age I had a nasty habit of only telling mum I needed a wee about 10 seconds before my bladder gave up and started spurting anyway. I'm not joking. It was about 10 seconds. She could have me under the armpits and be sprinting towards the nearest loo and I'd let go.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                              X