This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrooge McGrinch buys a tree

We are now stocking real Christmas trees. I had one surly guy come up to pay for his tree while bitching that "It's so dry I doubt it will even be able to take in any water!"

So ... you're still buying it because why?

I can think of at least two other stands of Christmas trees within a five-minute drive. Go somewhere else, you sour old fart.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Probably angling for a discount.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Probably has no idea you're supposed to cut a few inches off the trunk before you put it into water. Idiot. If it's really THAT dry, don't buy it! Go buy a fake one you don't have to water.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We sell live Christmas trees every year this time . . . . only thing is, we get only ONE shipment a year - usually the week of Thanksgiving when they come in and once they're gone, that's it until next year.

This year we sold out of trees already as of last week. I've already lost track of how many times cashiers have asked over the radio if we're getting in any more trees.

Our standard answer . . . next year around Thanksgiving.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Get a fake tree with built in lights.... buy the week after xmas for 75% off...... and never look back!

Comment

Say-
            We are out of real trees, I mean it's not like they grow on trees.
            and see if they get what you said or just nod along.
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
              Get a fake tree with built in lights.... buy the week after xmas for 75% off...... and never look back!
              THIS ^^^^^^^ so much. After I convinced my GF to put up a tree this is ^^^^ what we did. and the original price of some of these trees is just WOW high
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post

YES! Although when the lights inevitably start going out and you want to be able to summon aid for Gondor with the replacements, the lights end up costing as much as a new tree. >.>
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Over time, replace the regular light strands with LEDs. By time those fail, you're not likely to care anymore. (or have replaced the fake tree a few times due to wear/damage)

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
                    We've used fake trees for years. Our first one lasted about 20 years before branches fell off, the next one about 14, and mum would still be using the 3rd one (which is now 5 years old) if she didn't have a dog that would run off with the balls/tinsel. She now uses a fibre-optic tree, since that looks cool even without decorations, and other decorations are restricted to tinsel draped over the pictures/clock and ornaments on the shelves above the dog's head.
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                      Probably angling for a discount.
                      Maybe, but it ain't happening. Well, maybe on Dec. 26 ...

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      Probably has no idea you're supposed to cut a few inches off the trunk before you put it into water. Idiot. If it's really THAT dry, don't buy it! Go buy a fake one you don't have to water.
                      Might not know you're supposed to put it in water. Wouldn't surprise me.

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      We sell live Christmas trees every year this time . . . . only thing is, we get only ONE shipment a year - usually the week of Thanksgiving when they come in and once they're gone, that's it until next year.

This year we sold out of trees already as of last week. I've already lost track of how many times cashiers have asked over the radio if we're getting in any more trees.

Our standard answer . . . next year around Thanksgiving.
                      Great comeback! Yeah, we got our trees about 2 weeks ago (probably 3 by now). And if they're waiting for a new shipment, well, yep, you're gonna wait until NEXT November or so. Get over it.

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                      Say-
                      We are out of real trees, I mean it's not like they grow on trees.
                      and see if they get what you said or just nod along.
                      That is PERFECT. They'd probably nod along until they got out of the building and THEN go "Hey, WTF !!!"
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                        We've used fake trees for years. Our first one lasted about 20 years before branches fell off, the next one about 14, and mum would still be using the 3rd one (which is now 5 years old) if she didn't have a dog that would run off with the balls/tinsel. She now uses a fibre-optic tree, since that looks cool even without decorations, and other decorations are restricted to tinsel draped over the pictures/clock and ornaments on the shelves above the dog's head.
                        I can’t use decorations because of the dogs and I can’t get a fake tree because the birds try to land on it but because it’s not balanced or ya know attached to the ground it falls over. Or before we got these dogs and our old one was too old to care about much of anything the humans did unless walks or treats were involved, we would get a real one to decorate but the damn bird would knock the balls of the tree if they were the shiny kind.

And yes, I’ve got weird choices in pets. But they’re my babies and unlike actual babies they don’t usually flail about or scream for hours on end.
                        Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Working...
                        X