X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elf, I meant the 12yo kid, not her.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
      Did Simon know or something? Looks like a setup.
      There are people claiming setup and I'm inclined to agree. There's very little real surprise by the time it hits the big stage, because the contestants have to go through 3 auditions before they get there, and at least one of them is with the 3 judges.

So yes, the shock of the judges was most likely faked, as they most likely heard her prior.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

The setup question relates to the 12yo boy, not her. He goes out and starts singing and Simon stops the music and tells him he got it so wrong. He picks another song, which he belts out and makes everyone go 'ooooooooo!'.

I've never seen Simon stop any other act. Hit the buzzer, yeah, but stop the music and make them restart? No. Now, I'm not a huge fan of the show, so maybe it's happened a lot, but to me it looked like a total setup. Kid comes out and sings awful pop song that doesn't exactly showcase his talents, Simon stops him and pulls the "you are awful" routine, and he belts out a brilliant MJ impersonation. Just too 'wonderful'.

And apparently, if you believe youtube posters, he has been playing MJ touring Europe, performing this particular song in front of thousands. So while he's good, he's actually professionally doing exactly that. Doesn't this show not allow pro's?

Comment

Best voice I've ever heard!

I can't believe no one's linked this yet! Come on British users how dare you not share with us!

This is Susan Boyle! Truly a dream come true! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY.

I mean that brought tears to my eyes it was so amazing! Watch it now!

Comment

YouTube's down at the moment, but look for Hollie Steel - she's another young'in that can challenge.

Two of the featured dance groups (Diversity is one and Synchronicity I think is the other) are amazing also. They have some amazing Talent over there across the pond!

Comment

Wow I feel like an idiot. I searched and searched to make sure I didn't double post this. Oh well, I failed. Still love her!

Comment

Tip: Use a key phrase in the search, like "Susan Boyle" then scan down the results for things listed in Check It Out. Don't pay too much mind to the title - as you can see it doesn't give much away. Check out the first few that you find - this one was the first result in CIO.

So ... what is WITH that show this year? Talent is coming out of the woodwork. In fact, down here in NZ we're talking about it, comparing to that Paul Potts guy that won last year when ... oh, hang on, a little link on youtube says PP was 2007. So who won in 2008 then? A 14 year old breakdancer? Good God. So okay, so you got a breakdancer last year. This year we get, apparently in the first episode, the monumental talent of Susan Boyle.

Next episode ... Simon stops an act, makes him restart, and O.M.G. - he's suddenly "challenging" Susan Boyle.

Next episode ... Simon threatens the buzzer and the 10 year old 'ballerina' breaks into brilliant vocals. Did she know he'd do it right then? She wasn't looking at him during some of her dance part. Why didn't he just hit it?

I mean, okay, maybe it was always scripted. Maybe every act has always been in front of the judges three times before we get to see it and their "surprise" is faked. But come on ... twice in a row stopping (or almost stopping) a contestant who then goes on to wow everyone? Three utterly brilliant singers - in the first three episodes - one per...?

Worst. Production. Ever.

Give us back the wow factor. Give us back the "we really stumbled across this ... really!" experience, even if it was faked. At least it used to be faked realistically.

Wonder what's on the cards for next week?

Comment

Or how about those two dance groups, Flawless ans Diversity. They were amazing! Britain has got some really good talent this year.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post

Next episode ... Simon threatens the buzzer and the 10 year old 'ballerina' breaks into brilliant vocals. Did she know he'd do it right then? She wasn't looking at him during some of her dance part. Why didn't he just hit it?
                    I think that is entirely the editing of the show. That it didn't really happen like that, it was done to up the "drama" which was stupid because even before the show aired in England, word was out about her and the performance.

The young boy, OTOH I think Simon knew that he had the capabilities for the 2nd song based on prior auditions and knew that what he was singing then wasn't doing what he had the ability to do.

I do agree that it is seeming a little contrived and I wish they wouldn't pump the dramatic aspect as much (those hosts can really get to you!) and just let us enjoy the acts as they are. I don't remember the American version being this bad - yeah, they show the judges and audience reactions but it doesn't ever seem as contrived.

Comment

Working...
                    X