Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I just read some of those articles posted in the link..... this man seems to have some serious emotional and pscyhological problems. I think he needs to be in a mental health facility for a period of time - at least until he can distinguish between reality and his own made up world. This isn't just a sucky customer, this is someone who seems to truly truly need help functioning in the real world. I really wonder if he's any good at his job at all considering how much "emotional trauma" he has suffered "on account of this missing pair of pants" and trial...... I'm surprised he hasn't been fired for missing too may days of work for court or for preparation of this case or just sheer insanity. I love how he says if he had owned the shop, he would have gladly written a check to anyone coming in claiming he had lost their clothes.... I highly doubt he's worked in customer service a day in his life if he's making that kind of statement. Maybe that should be his punishment for wasting the court's time and hurting this poor dry cleaner's family so much - he should be forced to do community service & work in retail for a year.

What really gets me is that he had 8 witnesses and that some 87 year old woman said she was "driven" from the store by the owner and it was like dealing with the Nazis...... WOW. Just Wow. "NO pants for you!" - the dry cleaner Nazis.....

Comment

It sounds like this guy has some severe mental problems that should be examined before he himself becomes a judge. This clown is the reason why we have warning labels such as "Don't use hair dryer in bathtub" and "Coffee is extremely hot". Instead of just chalking it up to common sense, we now have jerks that try to prove how stupid they are in court so they can get money. Only in America!

You know, I'll admit that I have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to dry cleaning places. Many times I've had things damaged or lost, but when that happens do I try to sue them for millions?? No, I just don't go back. I end up leaving angry and frustrated, but I would never think of calling an attorney. The only thing that would justify that is if something very expesive was lost or damaged and the dry cleaners refused to pay for the item. Then I can see taking them to small claims court.

Comment

A Personal Injury Attorney manages to ignore the Orders of the Federal Goverment when he has TB.....and now this.

Anyone get the feeling that Law School Nowadays aren't what they cracking up to be?

Comment

From the Raw Fisher's Blog (linked by a pp)

In the final moments of the trial, Judge Bartnoff sought to get it clear in her mind and on the record exactly what Roy Pearson's theory of the case is.

"Your argument is that the customer is always right whether or not the customer is right," she said.

"Yes, that's my view," Pearson replied. "One hundred percent customer-determined satisfaction."
          That's it folks. That phrase is now BANNED from use. Pearson has made a mockery of something that already was a laughing matter - that that saying had any validity. Now when anyone tries to tell me "The customer is always right!" I'll respond "Sure they are, and your pants cost 54 million dollars too! Bye!"

Comment

Update!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070625/...O_TAb7hl3MWM0F

The judge ruled in favor of the dry cleaners.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

" claiming they lost a pair of trousers from a blue and maroon suit,"

BLUE AND MAROON.... TAAAAACKYYYYYY

we all know this guy had no class, now we all know he has no taste either!
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Well what about the clause in consumer law that states that a business can deny you service for ANY REASON??? All you have to say is, "I want you off my property" and if they refuse to leave they're breaking the law themselves by tresspassing.

Comment

Results!

Read in the paper that the SC case was thrown out. The dry-cleaning might even be compensated for their annoyence of the SC by about $100,000. I hope they get it!!!
                    V-Con 2009 and Anime Evolution 2010

Comment

Of course it would have to be. Businesses have to have rights too. Think about how far this could go if they didnt. That would mean that if you wanted to, say, sell someone a used laptop you didnt have any use for, they could sue you for fifty million dollars if you didnt want to sell it to them or they werent happy with the laptop you sold them. It would be ridiculous.

Comment

Hasn't this guy heard of People's Court? Heck, i've seen cases on The Peoples Court that totalled less than $100.00.

Comment

People's Court has an upper cap of 3k.

Just slightly shy of the 67M this idiot was demanding.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

"A reasonable consumer would not interpret 'Satisfaction Guaranteed' to mean that a merchant is required to satisfy a customer's unreasonable demands," the judge wrote.

I think a sign with this on it should be posted in every place of retail/business across america lol

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                              People's Court has an upper cap of 3k.

Just slightly shy of the 67M this idiot was demanding.
                              But he'd have at least 25 minutes to be on TV than short 2 minute news blurbs!!!! And the court actually respects the laws of the state where the people come from. I've seen cases where the cap was 5K.

Comment

The saga continues .. .

This jerk is now going to appeal the judge's ruling and ask her to overturn it - and the dry cleaner's lawyer is going to ask the judge to make Pearson pay their legal fees - all $80+ thousand of it!

Clicky

When will it end!!!?

Phoenix
                                "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons" - Douglas Adams
                                "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off . . . " - unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X