This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    I can only hope those kids don't follow in the beliefs of their racist idiot parents.
    Racism is most often taught in the home. I give these kids a good chance of turning into the same fuckwits their parents are.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      From the article:
      The problems the children might encounter in school, he said, "would be icing on the cake."

Poor word choice? Or awesome word choice?
      I totally missed that

can it be both at the same time
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Wally World strikes again..

This may actually be the wrong forum, but there's an SC angle. I'll bet you walmart caved in to this asinine request because the mega-SC in question(in fact, I'm not sure "SC" even describes him) complained to corporate and they caved. Yet another reason to boycott..

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nat...,5358344.story
        I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
          I don't recall my birthday cakes saying "Happy Birthday (first name)(middle name)" when I was a child, and I haven't been asked to do very many cakes with the child's full name on it for other people, either.

Why can't their children's cakes just say, "Happy Birthday Adolf" and "Happy Birthday JoyceLynn"?
          While I understand what you're saying and in no way agree with the family in the story (I agree completely with the company's right to refuse to do the cake), I CAN understand wanting both names on the cake.

You want whatever name you call a child on the cake, whether it be full name, nick name, whatever. If they could prove to me they called him, on a daily basis, Adolf Hitler (doubt they do, but if), then I could understand it. We call Daughter (first name) (middle name), always have, always will and that is the name that is one every single one of her birthday cakes -- both names.

Now we didn't name our children anything offensive, but I CAN understand the "having two names on the cake" thing.
          I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

I'm in shock that a bakery somewhere actually DID write on that cake.......fucking amazing. Amazingly horrible.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Fucking Wally World! another reason to loath them!

What despicable monikers to hang a poor kid with! Bet they end up getting beaten up in school over those names eventually.

But as much as I hate to do it I have to say the one time I wrote Wally World a complaint letter they did rectify the situation.
              "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

This has been posted in "Check it out!", but heres my two cents.

The store has the right to refuse service and the first one did. I dont think theres anything wrong with naming your son what you want (I have read of people naming their kids after Hitler before, so theyre not as "unique" as they think.). But I have NEVER seen a cake with a first/last or first/middle combination, theyre just doing it for attention and 15 miuntes of fame.

One daughters middle name is "Aryan Nation"....Seriously? WTF? Why would you do that to your kids?

Attention seekers...possibly mentally imbalanced.. Some weird form of munchausen's by proxy with names?

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  But I have NEVER seen a cake with a first/last or first/middle combination
                  Unless it's something like "Mary Ann".
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Here's what gets me about the story.. Yes.. it is a free country and you are free to name your kid Turdnugget-Jewkiller or whatever you want.. but if you decide to go that route, maybe you should tone down the audacity to expect to interact freely with mainstream society (i.e. get the gorcery store to design a f*cking birthday cake with the name of the most evil mass murdering bastard in human history). Shocking how that might offend many people..
                    I will never go to school!

Comment

What a douchenozzle.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Unless it's something like "Mary Ann".
                        Yeah, theres that....

LOL.. I know. There are names that go togther like that.

"Adolf Hitler" is a first-last that theyre using as first-middle and its just for attention, IMO.

Comment

This guy is ****ed up. I can believe the fact that he'd name his kid after Hitler, and try and convince people not to make any connections to the original Hitler. But to put a frickin swastika on the cake?
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."
                            Douche. That kid's going to be teased for the rest of his life.

And

Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.

He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.
                            Ding! Ding! Ding! I smell asshat!

"Hay guyz we gots new prizbident N I wuz raised 2 not mix wit othr races but I r teh not racist lol"
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I don't get that SC's children's names. I'd not be surprised if he really isn't racist, and simply chose those names to 'ruffle feathers' with other adults (the children wouldn't care until they are old enough to realize what their names really mean.) The ShopRite employees did the right thing, I would've asked my supervisor too if I was asked to write that on a cake, especially the swastika, because for all we know, there was no proof that was *really* the name of Campbell's son. The father could've been doing it as a joke for someone else.

And yes, I'm not surprised at all Wal-Mart wrote the name on the cake.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                                This guy is ****ed up. I can believe the fact that he'd name his kid after Hitler, and try and convince people not to make any connections to the original Hitler. But to put a frickin swastika on the cake?
                                Their car and house is also decorated with a great many of them, according to the previous article.

Seriously, you name your kids Adolf Hitler and Ayran Nation, put swastikas on everything, and then wonder what all the fuss is about?

I refuse to believe they can be that staggeringly stupid and oblivious! This is a horrific case of child abuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X