This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Sparkle or Not To Sparkle, That is the Vampire's Conundrum

In discussions in other topics, several forum members have reported on encounters with those enamored with those sparkling vampires from Twilight. To assist in future encounters of that nature, Off World Designs offers us the Edward and Bela t-shirt. Wear it with pride.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Vampires DO NOT SPARKLE.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

...The only time a vampire should sparkle is when the sun first hits it.... right before it bursts into flames.....

*sigh* What happened to the good old fashioned evil vampires? ...I miss em.
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        Vampires DO NOT SPARKLE.
        THIS! A thousand times THIS!
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

well......ASSUMING the facts went with a specific author's base of them, very powerful vampires could be out in the sun for short whiles but burn like major major sunburn....but again thats going on a specific authors way of how vampires should be....
          but then, i've yet to encounter "flaming" vampire that doesn't sparkle at night.
          *runs and hides*

Comment

Honestly, the "Vampires don't Sparkle" argument has gotten REAAAALLY old. I'm not a huge fan of Twilight, but for crying out loud, it was for less than a paragraph. Just skip over the chapter if you really have to. Honestly I've heard more whining about Twilight than I've heard the fangirls, because the fangirls don't really want to embarrass themselves by saying they like it.

Also, apparently there's no actual myth that says Vampires burst into flames in sunlight. They just don't like it.

Comment

Oh come on Chazzie. If Dungeons and dragons say they do, its good enough for me.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
                Honestly, the "Vampires don't Sparkle" argument has gotten REAAAALLY old.
                It embodies everything wrong with Twilight. The fact they're out and about in the day is bad enough. But then something to definitively out them as vampires, it's just... There's a place for escapist fiction, but it'd be nice if it wasn't fan-fic self-insertion, and blah blah every other argument against Twilight. Rather than continually going on about every weakness in the text, which has been beaten to death, it's simply easiest to short-hand it. So, unless you've another way to clearly indicate a dislike for it, you're going to have to suck it up.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

http://www.cracked.com/article/128_7...s-in-twilight/

Read it and weep, Twilight fans. XD Hell, even the vampire fruit are a more scary prospect than the Meyerpires.

OK Chezzie, here's a list:

Reams and reams of pointless description like the author swallowed a thesaurus.
                  Edward is an abusive boyf.
                  Edward is a stalker.
                  Edward is a cradle snatcher.
                  Bella is a Mary Sue.
                  Bella makes feminists weep.
                  Bella is stupid.
                  Jacob is Pedobear.
                  Why isn't Jacob with Leah?
                  Why is Leah infertile and a weepy bitch?
                  Why do the female vampires have flawed and weaker powers in comparison to the male characters?
                  Bella = Meyer self insert.
                  Horrible role models for teenage girls.
                  Zero character development.
                  Everyone loves Bella.
                  Little or no research done on certain aspects, ie vampire myth, werewolf myth, the sewers etc.
                  Vampires don't have babies.
                  Vampires can not be vegetarian. Blood = meat product.
                  Why would a 100+ year old vampire go to high school?
                  Why are all vampires beautiful?

I'll stop there before I go too far, but point made, I think. XDD
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Before I post this, I'll state that I like Stephen King's novels. He's usually a fun read, and the whole Dark Tower series is just amazing. I also know that many people consider him to be, at best, a hack of a writer. I will freely admit that much of his writing, in terms of writing quality, is only so-so. His stories are enjoyable to me, though, so I keep reading.

Stephen King on Stephanie Meyer:

Quoth Stephen King
                    According to Stephen, "Both Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."
                    If that's not damning, I don't know what is.

Comment

I LOVE the shirt.

Im also a fan of twilight. I do agree with most of what Lace says though. Its just an addicting story. Meh.

Comment

One of these things is not like the other.
                        One of these things just doesn't belong.
                        The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

I once read a quote somewhere, a writer said something along the lines of "Stephen King could publish his laundry list and it would be a bestseller". As someone who would probably buy said laundry list, I have to say - if Mr. King calls you a hack, well ... they do say it takes one to know one!
                          "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

http://bubble-gum-gir.deviantart.com...ucks-106330816

Quoth Amina516
                            I do agree with most of what Lace says though. Its just an addicting story. Meh.
                            XD In which case, you're not one of the fans of which I speak; ie the ones who think that the Twilight books are the greatest examples of literature since the dawn of time and practically spit teeth at the suggestion that Meyer is a bad writer. I like to read trash sometimes; tho my trash reading tends to be celeb mags. XD
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Okay... I read the entire Twilight series. It's silly tripe but I suppose I was hoping that it would straighten out, get better... or perhaps I was just bored enough? I can say many, many negative things about Twilight but this is my biggest peeve with it:

Worst. Ending. Ever.

I was so mad I got rid of the whole set that day. I have zero respect for an author that is too big of a wimp to kill off any of their best characters. Period.

When Rowling's characters went to war a lot of them died. Some of my favorite ones, tore me up, made me sad and angry. That's good writing.

Needless to say- I love the shirt.
                              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                              HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                              X