This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wish I'd Had my Camera......

Okay, kiddies, once upon a time, before cell phones, or at least back when cell phones were crude devices that only made phone calls, people actually did not have a camera with them 24/7.

So search your memories, for those times when you'd love to have had a camera (or perhaps even a recent time when you couldn't get it out of your pocket quickly enough (the camera, people, the camera _

I'll start it off, feel free to jump in.

I wish I'd had a camera the day......

I was in the Burger King drive-thru, and the car ahead of me was a Pizza Hut delivery car.

I wish I'd had a camera the day....

I saw a herse driving down Pico Blvd. in Santa Monica, pulling a u-haul trailer behind it (who says you can't take it with you?)

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Somehow that 2nd one doesn't surprise me; I grew up in SoCal.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Of our black cat Licorice, sitting back on her haunches growling with a dead mouse hanging in her mouth like Fu Manchu's mousetache...

And ten more mice hiding under the cat!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I wish I had taken a picture of the guy riding in our 89'er days parade.

He was on his horse and talking on a cell phone - and of course was having trouble steering the horse.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Or how about circa '84--'85, when I had come home from school to see my weiner dog, Dumpy, barking at a hornet on the ground. His nose was no more than a few inches from the hornet, and he's lucky he didn't get stung.

Comment

A few years ago, saw the most epic sunrise after finishing the paper routes. Sun was just about to rise from behind Mt. Baker, there was a full moon in the sky there as well, there was just the perfect amount of clouds that were reflecting orange and pink hues, and the whole thing was framed by a double rainbow. Even if I'd had a cell cam with me, it wouldn't have done it justice. I'd have needed something really fancy to properly capture that. It was truly...epic.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Maybe not a camera but definitely a video camera the day our dog Humphrey was trying to catch a mouse, realized it was now behind him, and quickly sat on it before it could get away. Problem was, now he's sitting on it and can't get up to catch it or it'll get away again. Oh, the doggy dilemma on his face!
              My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I used to think cameras in cell phones were silly. Then we went to our town's big annual art show/street festival, and there was a guy sitting on the sidewalk dressed in a spider costume (complete with legs) doing some kind of puppet show. I heard a girl behind me say, very matter-of-factly, "I'm going to have nightmares now."

But yeah, one look at that guy and I suddenly realized how handy a camera would have been.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I thought of a couple more.

Wish I'd had a camera much more hand the night I let our Yorkie out into the back yard for a short while to "do her business". When I opened the door to call her in, she was sitting there, absolutely nose to nose with a hedgehog, each of them with a definite "what the heck are you?" look on their faces.

Wish I could have gotten to my phone camera quickly enough the day a couple of years ago, we were leaving the mall after Christmas shopping, and there, also leaving the parking lot, was Santa - full beard, not quite full red suit (cant' recall exactly what he had on, very Santa like but not totally tradional), riding a Harley. The saddle bags at the back had been covered in Christmas wrap, and a cuddly stuffed Rudolph sat on the handlebars.

And last, wish I'd had a videocamera (this was back when they were huge, expensive, and not so many people had them) the day at Disneyland when my daughter danced with the dwarf. She was about 18 months old, standing in the square looking at something, and Bashful came up to her. Once he was sure she wasn't afraid of him, he began interacting with her. For about five minutes, it was like something from a well-rehearsed movie. He would do a little dance step, she would then do the same. He'd do one a bit different or longer, then she would do it. We took some photos, but didn't own a video camera (I wish now I'd had the nerve to approach one of the several people who were watching, and had begun to videotape it themselves, it was that cute, to see if I could get a copy from them).

Comment

Merriweather, your story reminded me of another cool thing at a festival. There was a drum circle and this young guy was dancing with a little girl of about 4. They didn't even know each other, it was just a spontaneous thing. You know how little kids love to dance? I think the guy was channeling his inner child. It was cute.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I wish I had a video camera the day my daughter came home on leave from the Army in Afghanistan. She was in battle uniform, high stepping it through the house, screaming bloody murder,................

with my pet pigeon 'Pijjimoto' chasing her on foot. He thought she was an intruder.

Comment

Ok, I was just browsing thru a website with funny signs, and remembered one I saw years ago (with no camera handy) so figured I'd add it here.

This was quite a ways back, when it was all over the news that one of the sattellites was going to be crashing to earth, no one knew just where it would come down, just that it was gonna come down. We were in the middle of a move, driving across country, so I've no idea where in the midwest we saw this, but at a restaurant, on one of those little trailer type marquees they use for sales & stuff, someone had put out just the words
                        "Chicken Little was right".

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                          This was quite a ways back, when it was all over the news that one of the sattellites was going to be crashing to earth, no one knew just where it would come down, just that it was gonna come down. We were in the middle of a move, driving across country, so I've no idea where in the midwest we saw this, but at a restaurant, on one of those little trailer type marquees they use for sales & stuff, someone had put out just the words
                          "Chicken Little was right".
                          There's a little coffee shop nearby with one of those signs. They always have things on there like "You mom says we have the best coffee" and stuff like that. I always wish I could snap a photo of that sign. It changes about once a week or so, usually with something clever, many times with something a bit risque. I wish I could remember other things they've put up off-hand, but my brain isn't cooperating right now.
                          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

One moment I wish I could've captured for posterity:

Our son was only a newborn baby at the time, just home from the hospital. I was holding him, hubs was holding our cat Red and we were introducting them to each other. I took son's little hand and held it out towards Red. Red reached out and gently touched his paw against the outstretched little hand.

Very E.T.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                            X