Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some design help (writing)

Okay I have a problem and I need some help.

Thing is, I can *make* the awesome quilts, but I need help writing descriptions/ad copy for my website. Normally I just write basic info about the size of the quilt and materials used. I'm just not a real good writer when it comes to advertising stuff.

So here's the thing. Would anyone be willing to write advertising stuff for me? I can offer quilty goodness in return.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Responded by PM.

We can split postage costs, or can wait until an extra quilt or two (or three or four) has sold to cover postage costs.

Or, of course, you can use someone more local.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'm grateful for any help that I can get.

It still boggles my mind how many different skills are required for this kind of thing. I mean I can write a cute little fantasy story, but not advertising stuff. I guess I'm just way shy when it comes to tooting my own horn.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I have always wanted to try my hand at advertising. I consider myself very creative/inventive. So I sent you a PM. Not sure how I can help, but I will try my best. Just let me know basically what you are looking for and I will give it a go.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I feel your pain there, I'm lousy at advertising as well. :P It's very frustrating trying to figure out what will actually get people's attention and what will just sound lame and silly.
          The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
            I'm grateful for any help that I can get.

It still boggles my mind how many different skills are required for this kind of thing. I mean I can write a cute little fantasy story, but not advertising stuff. I guess I'm just way shy when it comes to tooting my own horn.
            I'm an unusually flexible writer, but even I have my limits. Writing is not one single profession!
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

If you still want a writer's help, I could give it a try.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
              X