Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to read (a different) fantasy novel for free?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to read (a different) fantasy novel for free?

I have just written, last November, a fantasy novel. (which Pedersen helped me salvage from a works format that I emailed to myself!)

It's Nano, yes. And let me say, it will be more than a little bad, because I have only edited part of it. I had edited more, but the "more edited" version was tanked when Al's last computer died.

It involves Dracula, and Merlin, and lots of magic, and an incubus. The basic plot is that the incubus haunts the women of Nimue's descendants, hoping to get one of their bodies so it can join the living again in a sufficiently magically powerful body. Nimue befriends the youngest descendant, and leads her to someone who can help...Dracula.

Basically, what I'd like is for someone to read it, and give me an opinion on it. IE whether it's a solid idea or not. I definitely planned it out better than the previous Nanos.

Little editing tips (IE I wrote that someone's hair was red in one place and black in another), things I might have missed, etc, would be nice too.

Also, please note that this book was meant to be the first in a series. (to explain the ending)

Of course you have leave to simply enjoy it too. Or not enjoy it as the case may be.

I have a PDF, to make it easier on people with readers.

(Sorry to joitheartist for taking the title of your thread )
    Last edited by Tama; 02-23-2012, 08:12 PM. Reason: Added the pdf bit
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

I'm not finished with Joi's book as I have been sick. But I would love to read another one as well. I will pm my email address.

Comment

I will of course. I'll pm you my email address..but keep in mind I am not very critical, and taking grammar and spelling notes from me is a bad idea .
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'm pretty good on spelling. Not so much on grammar. It's okay.

Heading to email it to you guys now.
        Last edited by Tama; 02-23-2012, 09:18 PM.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I'll pm you mine as well
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'll give it a shot, but as I warned Joi

#1) I will give a more critical eye to grammar and spelling than to plot

#2) If I can't get into it, I won't finish it.

If that's alright, I'll PM my e-mail.

SC
            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I would, but I am currently proofreading a book on monsters...if I remember, I will PM you to grab your once I have finished!
              I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

I will private message you my address, if you don't mind. My family has been on me to write a book based on my life. I just have no idea where to start, maybe you could point me in the right direction?
                Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Just finished reading the story. In fact, I had to read it from beginning to end..couldn't put it aside. Loved it. I do have one major complaint..it will be too long before I get to FINISH the story. Looking forward to the next part of it, won't come to soon.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                  X