This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy or Drunk Lady. (long)

This happened a couple of months ago when I was working the Audit shift.
    Me
    CL: Crazy or Drunk Lady
    HM: Housemen
    BF: CL's boyfriend or something

It was around 2am when an older women walks up to the desk. She looked very tired and claimed that her boyfriend stranded her in the city and she needed a room for the night, fine. I start making her a reservation all is going well untill...

Me: And how would you like to take care of the charges?

CL: I don't have any cash on me.

Me: Thats no problem I can take a credit or debit card.

CL: I don't have that ether. My car broke down and I had to get a ride with some one .

Me: ?? (Ok that is not what she told me a few seconds ago).

CL: I have all kinds of credit cards. If only you knew how much I had, you would fall over to give me a room. But my boyfriend took all my cards when he took my car.

By this time the Housemen walked up to the desk

CL: I live about 20 min. from here and I have all kinds of credit cards (getting upset) If only you knew, If only.

Me: Why don't you ask the person who gave you a lift here to take you home.

CL: I TOLD YOU I WALKED FROM SMALL TOWN 30 MILES AWAY.

HM: You walked 30 miles to get here?

CL: Well I did get a ride. I don't know from who.

Me: Is there someone you can call to come and get you.

CL: My son but he has retardation and I live 3 states away so no one will come and get me.

HM: Didn't you say that you lived 20 min. from here?

CL: No. Give me your phone I will call him.
    Son its your mother my car broke down in small town 30 miles away and I walked to *hotel.

She then hangs up the phone wanders out of the building and then comes back.

CL: If only you knew how much I had. I don't understand why you must see my card now I would send it to you when I got home.

HM: I am sorry but she can not help you if you can't pay for the room now.

CL: I understand that. Give me the phone I want to call my son and tell him to come and get me.

Me & HM: ??????

CL: son my car broke down with all my money and credit cards in small town 30 miles away and I am in larger town 50 miles away.

Me: No you are in erie.

CL: Right my car is in erie. (she hangs up the phone and begins to stare at me)

Me: Do you know where your car is

CL: Erie.

Me: ? If you tell us where your car is the housemen can take you to it in our shuttle van.

CL: Oh its in the Nights out parking lot.

Me: This is Nights Out.

HM: Let me take a look at it for you I might be able to fix it.

CL: Its not broken

Me: I am sorry what.

At this point her boyfriend comes in the doors.

BF: Oh here you are our room is down this way.

CL: (looks at me then at her boyfriend). I would have in the room earlier but she refused to tell me our room number.

ME & HM:

And with that they walk off never to be seen again.

what. the. lapdancing christ?! sounds drunk to me, usually the crazies stick to their fairyworld bizarro story...
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Holy shit... if she's on something, then she's gotta reduce the dosage. Wow...
      A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Ok, now I've been confused drunk before and done things like held a phone upside down to talk on it and forgot which side of the room my door was on (in the same night, mind you), but really... this is just... wow. She needs to lay off the sauce. Bad.

Comment

Holy. . Biscuit.

We have a new -a-thon® winner!!!!
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

I wonder what it's like to live in a world where reality changes every thirty seconds. Could be fun, could be disorienting, but I imagine the fluffy pink clouds between you and reality make it a lot easier to stay there.

Holy lapdancing Christ indeed! (When I first read that, I thought it was "landscaping" Christ, and I was wondering if Jesus wanted to come mow my lawn.)

Comment

Holy lapdancing Christ indeed! (When I first read that, I thought it was "landscaping" Christ, and I was wondering if Jesus wanted to come mow my lawn.)

I am sure we can find a Jesus to come mow your lawn, but I fear not the holy lapdancing one.

That lady was either on some good drugs, or having some sort of mental issues. As I have done most of the fun stuff that causes hallucinations and such at some point, I am leaning towards batshit insane. Not many drugs cause THAT big of a reality breakdown, and if she DOES have some, I need the number to her guy!
              "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

She's more in the lithium territory of drug users, than the street drug users from the sound of things.

Makes you wonder who she called on the phone.

Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

did she look skinny older than she was or just not right? she sounds like a long time addict
                  cocain or meth maybe.....
                  if was alcohol she would have to be drinking about 3 bottles a day for the last 15 years to reach the point where she is that demented
                  and it sounds just lke dementcia, substance related

Comment

OMG I love the crazy cat lady! Thanks for the laugh.
                    "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Oooh, surprise twist ending! More SC stories need those.

Comment

When she said she was stranded by her boyfriend I bet he just told her to wait for him at the entrance to your hotel while he went to get a pack of smokes/gum/beer/whatever from a nearby shop and then she got all lost in her drunk mind and wandered inside. I feel a little sorry for the boyfriend though, what a night he was in for, holding her hair back as she vomited hourly in the toilet. Fun evening.
                        It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Working...
                        X