This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth d962831 View Post
    as to who would convict him? Likely no one, because what that creep said could very well be taken as a threat of harm and the guy would've been defending his kid.

If I was on any such jury, there certainly would have been no conviction. And if I'd overheard the comment, that guy would never have children of his own.

Sick piece of sh!t.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      Well, a random customer walks up to co-workers girlfriend and kid, turns to the kid and says....

SC: You'd better be good...otherwise I might lock you in a cellar like that little girl in Austria.

Co-workers girlfriend screamed. She got up and ran up to him, repeating what he had just said. A couple of other customers followed her as well. At this point him and the people he was with were very quickly exiting the building (yes, he was with other people, his wife and another couple, who apparently found what he did hilarious)

Co-worker has a short fuse, and ran after them. Unfortunately they got away.
      So, he not only makes an inappropriate remark to a child, but is cowardly enough to run away. He knew it was wrong, and he did it anyway. I don't think anybody would convict your coworker of giving that bastard a well-deserved beating. Hell, I want to kick his ass and I wasn't even there!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
        If I was on any such jury, there certainly would have been no conviction. And if I'd overheard the comment, that guy would never have children of his own.

Sick piece of sh!t.
        exactly. This is what makes me sometimes wish my IQ was a little lower, because they apparently look at IQ's when deciding a jury (or so I've heard) and mine is apparently higher than what they want...I'm not sure why it matters, but I've heard it does. You'd think they'd want smart people on a jury.
        We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Quoth d962831 View Post
          exactly. This is what makes me sometimes wish my IQ was a little lower, because they apparently look at IQ's when deciding a jury (or so I've heard) and mine is apparently higher than what they want...I'm not sure why it matters, but I've heard it does. You'd think they'd want smart people on a jury.
          Not sure I agree with that. My dad's incredibly intelligent and was foreman on the jury of a local murder trial.
          "Any free samples?"
          "Sorry, not today."

Come on people, we're a bank not a bakery.

Comment

Quoth d962831 View Post
            Actually, I believe that the jury selections are made via SSN. But then, I've never been called or had a summons, so what do I know?

That guy....who scared Girlfriend and Girlfriend's Kid....need to meet the chipper.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

In the US, most jury selections are made from the voter registration lists. Once a group of potential jurors have been assembled, the attorneys for the cases get to narrow the selection down to whatever number is need for their trial. In the juries I have been on, IQs were never discussed.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I don't see how attorneys on either side could factor IQ into the selection process without asking every potential juror to take an IQ test.

But I can envision a few circumstances where, if I were a lawyer, I'd prefer simpletons on the jury. For example, suppose I had a really guilty client, and there's a lot of scientific evidence proving it. If I got some slower folks onto the jury, I could possibly dazzle them into dismissing evidence they didn't understand. But if I were a prosecutor in the same case, I'd want a smart and scientifically-literate jury.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                X