This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly had a heart attack

So, fairly normal shift. We had just closed the bar and everything was clean. The only job I had left to do was to take the empty barrels out of the cellar and place them down the side of the bar.

I walk outside. As I am about to put the barrel down, I notice a lot of cardboard next to all the other empties. This was odd because we have a cardboard bin. I just assumed a lazy co-worker had left it there, and decided to go tidy it up.

I walk over to the big pile of cardboard. Now, remember it is dark outside, it is not well lit, and I can hardly see anything.

A man burst out of all the cardboard.

Me: HOLY SHIT!!!

The guy was drunk. VERY drunk.

Drunk: WHAA! WHATSHAPPENING?
    Me: What the fuck are you doing?
    Drunk: Whathefuuckyoouudoing?
    Me: Why are you asleep there?
    Drunk: I'll...killyou.

He was so drunk he fell back down into the cardboard. I very quickly walked back inside, locked the doors and called the police. They arrived about ten minutes later and took him to a nice comfy cell to sober up.

But oh my God, I nearly shit myself.

On the plus side, he wasn't drink driving But I do think a cell is the safest place for someone that drunk.
    MMO Addicts group

Comment

I know it makes me a bad person, but imagining your fearful, perhaps over-the-top reaction of "oh shit!" just makes me smile.

Sounds like someone was burying him in cardboard for some reason. Couldn't his friends draw on his face like normal people?
      ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

I'm glad you're alright and I would NEVER do anything like that to a stranger, but I too giggled. I know I'm going to hades for that.

I'm just imagining the drunk looking at you mockingly and repeating "Whathefuuckyoouudoing?" in a tone like you're in the wrong.
        You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
          On the plus side, he wasn't drink driving But I do think a cell is the safest place for someone that drunk.
          I'm sure the CDOs were thrilled at having someone on a grade two watch, 30 mins check and rouse each time...
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            I'm sure the CDOs were thrilled at having someone on a grade two watch, 30 mins check and rouse each time...
            What are CDOs?
            MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Meadhands View Post
              I know it makes me a bad person, but imagining your fearful, perhaps over-the-top reaction of "oh shit!" just makes me smile.
              Hehe its ok. I look back at it now and I laugh. I full on screamed as well, it was so scary.

Comment

He might be homeless or used to it, cardboard and newspaper is good to warm yourself outside and cover from the weather some. He surely carried or pulled out the cardboard to dig under and keep warm.
                I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                  What are CDOs?
                  Civillian Detention Officers, when you're arrested its these people and a Police Sergeant that look after you rather than a team of police officers.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
                    I'm just imagining the drunk looking at you mockingly and repeating "Whathefuuckyoouudoing?" in a tone like you're in the wrong.
                    haha! at least that's what he was trying to do... probably just looked a little cross-eyed and slack jawed maybe with some drool, and plenty of slurring.
                    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

LMAO Sometimes I wish I worked in a bar, just for the stories. Then I hear of the other stories and think twice.
                      wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                      ----
                      Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

I damn near witnessed a bar fight last night. I missed the first part, but my friend and I were laughing as he was walking me out to the car. I could hear the woman crying and the man screaming, "Get in the fg van you ct." and things of that nature. After my friend went back to the bar I stood outside and made sure the woman was ok.... She was on the phone calling someone I almost offered her a ride down the block when she couldn't get a hold of anyone, but she got in the van with the man.

*sigh* some people will never learn... and that folks is why I don't drink to or past my limit.
                        You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Working...
                        X