Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did something sucky, and am not ashamed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did something sucky, and am not ashamed.

You all may remember my horrid experiences at the local Wal-Mart. Please feel free to peruse my previous threads to see the atrocities.

I have gained Revenge (Rank 6).

The need is felt to say:
    Its in my nature to live and let live, unless someone persists in being a behind to me. Otherwise, fight is fair play.

This particular cashier is the one who gave me the wrong change and refused to take her own money back, the one who would not bag my milk, who REFUSED to coupon check (because mine had no expiration on it), and the one who has blocked my path to her register by ushering in a person to the end of the belt, when I was standing halfway on it putting my things on. Not to mention just being a general ass to me, and I don't even know this woman.

Complaints do not work, I have asked her personally why, to which I recieved," HMPH.. brats know everything."

For four years.

Why do I keep going to this cashier? The local Wally World is small, and there are never more than 2 of them open when I go. I refuse to be attending by someone with REEKING BO.

The story:

So, I put my $31.87 of stuff on the belt, she scans it, is incredibly rude to me when I say hello (*GRUNT grunt* "Pssh.."). Shs gets almost done, I hit the little "No - Cashier was not friendly" button. She tells me my total.

I open my little backpack purse, and set down dollar stacks of quarters, dollar by dollar.

Cashier: You can just dump it on the belt, it won't go anywhere.
    Me: I'm not sure you want me to do that.
    Casher: God, just dump it out.

What she didn't know, was that I had packed every quarter I could get in my purse. There were only my I.D. and my keys, along with nearly $50 of quarters. So, I did as she asked, and she went .

Never bothered to help, kept knocking the stacks down, but that was okay.

It took me more than 20min. to count it out, because of her knocking the stacks over. She counted as I went, and when I was done, I was pleased with myself for not being rude to her once in the exchange, and for making her day a tad less pleasant.

Note: I always go to the WM when there is a shift change. Not on purpose, but its the only time work allows. So she has no excuse for four years to be snotty first thing on the job.
    Last edited by unholypet; 05-08-2008, 04:42 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Not sucky. you certainly did your best to be a good customer. The "suck" most definitely came from the other end. (so to speak)

It's also another good example of why I try to avoid WM like the plague whenever possible.
    I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post

So, I did as she asked, and she went .
      You are my new hero. That's AWESOME! Too bad it wasn't pennies though.
      You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
        You are my new hero. That's AWESOME! Too bad it wasn't pennies though.
        I agree! This cashier deserves pennies next time!

Comment

Shs gets almost done, I hit the little "No - Cashier was not friendly" button.
          I wish more places had something like that.
          I've never seen it before and I used to work at a Wal Mart.

Aside from that though you are seriously awesome.

Comment

First time I saw that button was last friday.

Comment

I live south of the Heart of Darkness (aka general offices) and we first saw the thing last year about this time I *think*, maybe a trifle earlier

Comment

Good work. I always say that if the employee is rude first, anything you do is fair play.

Shs gets almost done, I hit the little "No - Cashier was not friendly" button.
                What a horrible idea. Seriously, this is awful. When I'm forced up to run lane, I'm neutral, because it's all I can muster. Maybe a little smile, but I do not want to be there. And I'm sure if you're not bubbly and perky, most people are going to hit the not friendly button. And write-ups will surely ensue.
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Actually, Apathy, I've never heard of write-ups occurring because of the PinPad surveys. I believe it counts more as store review than employee review as alternate questions include "did your cashier greet you today?" and "was your store clean today?"

And honestly, I personally believe that anyone who works a register, be they trained cashier or management or salesfloor, should try to be at least somewhat friendly and certainly polite. That position requires, arguably, the most interaction with the customer, and you should at least make an effort to not come across as a consummate grouch.

I can sympathize with not liking to be pulled up to run register if that's not your actual job, however. I had a coworker back when I worked in Toys who was register-trained, and was up at the registers for a good portion of nearly every day that she worked, rather than back helping me in the toy department. What bugged her most about it was that cashiers' base pay is slightly higher than salesfloor's base pay, due to the position, yet my coworker was still being paid her salesfloor rate for working as a cashier more than 50% of her scheduled time. I know other people who, while register trained, don't like to do it. That, to me, still doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't make it obvious to the customer that you don't want to be there.

Besides, grouchiness tends to lead to poor reviews, at least any place I've ever worked. Maybe not the custodial job, but then the only "customers" I ever ran into there were the occasional professors who stayed late to grade papers.

Oh, Unholypet? Awesome. ::two thumbs up::
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                    Good work. I always say that if the employee is rude first, anything you do is fair play.

What a horrible idea. Seriously, this is awful. When I'm forced up to run lane, I'm neutral, because it's all I can muster. Maybe a little smile, but I do not want to be there. And I'm sure if you're not bubbly and perky, most people are going to hit the not friendly button. And write-ups will surely ensue.
                    Yes.. I foresee SCs abusing this little feature incessantly. And idiot managers going along.
                    I will never go to school!

Comment

The story:

I open my little backpack purse, and set down dollar stacks of quarters, dollar by dollar.

Cashier: You can just dump it on the belt, it won't go anywhere.
                      Me: I'm not sure you want me to do that.

What she didn't know, was that I had packed every quarter I could get in my purse. There were only my I.D. and my keys, along with nearly $50 of quarters. So, I did as she asked, and she went .

Never bothered to help, kept knocking the stacks down, but that was okay.

It took me more than 20min. to count it out, because of her knocking the stacks over. She counted as I went, and when I was done, I was pleased with myself for not being rude to her once in the exchange, and for making her day a tad less pleasant.
                      I had a co-worker that had a similar experience. His Ex-wife was fairly well-to-do (I might go so far as to say independently wealthy) but somehow convinced the courts she needed palimony and child support. She was to have a payment of $187 on the 3rd of every month. (That was all my co-worker could afford without putting him independently in permanent poverty.)

So She calls him up on the 27th of february and tells him she needs the payment now and she needs it in cash because she's going on vacation to the cariribbean and won't be here on the 3rd and needs the money for "pocket change". He told her, "tough s*#7! you'll have to wait for the payment until you get back. I'll give you a cashiers check then." Whereupon she whined moaned, and witched and finally threatened to take him back to court if he didn't pay her. Keep in mind this is money for his kid, not her play money. So my friend tells her he'll get her the money before she leaves. Then he goes to the bank and orders $187 worth of rolled pennies which the bank was kind enough to get him on short notice. March 1st about 4 hours before she leaves on vacation (without his kid; She was leaving the child with a babysitter for the weekend) my friend trudges up to her door and knocks on the door. She answers in a skimpy little bikini and bathrobe. At which point he hands her the $187 worth of rolled pennies in no less than 4 cloth bank bags. As he walked away she was screaming at him at the top of her lungs saying, "WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH THIS, YOU S.O.B.?!?! THIS DOESN"T COUNT AS YOUR PAYMENT!!! YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME CASH YOU #$%@!!!"

I was laughing for about an hour after he told me that.

I hate to say it but I think the wallyworld cashier had it coming (as did my friend's ex-wife).
                      Last edited by Brightglaive; 05-08-2008, 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling
                      You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Completely. Utterly. Pwned!

I only wish you had a bigger handbag!
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                          And honestly, I personally believe that anyone who works a register, be they trained cashier or management or salesfloor, should try to be at least somewhat friendly and certainly polite. That position requires, arguably, the most interaction with the customer, and you should at least make an effort to not come across as a consummate grouch.
                          I tend to agree here - when I used to work in BK, I did about a 6 month stint on tills. I couldn't stand it, was probably the worst job in the place for someone like the person I was then (and wouldn't be much better for the person I am now )

But I still did my best to be polite and friendly to every customer, right up until they start to act like an ass towards me. It's amazing how many times I had someone come to my register with a face like thunder and immediately brighten up the moment I smiled and asked if I could help. Made the days a lot more bearable, say true.
                          ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

*sigh* I work in one of those places with the handy little 3 questions. The cashier's behavior is unexscusable and the fact the store keeps her on tells a great deal about the quality of that particular WM.

But why did you pay in quarters? Is that all you had or was it an intentional slight? Frankly, I think paying in quarters as revenge is quite petty. Because they only have 2 cashiers working, either people had to wait the entire time while you completed your lengthy transaction, or they had to go through the other yucky cashier's line. I call foul on the cashier. I call foul on the store for only using two cashiers and allowing the cashier to treat customers that way. And I don't like the idea that coinage interrupts other poor customer's shopping/checkout experience. Still, I gotta know, WHERE did the cashier put all of the quarters?? ~waits in anticipation of answer~

I've always wondered, can businesses refuse certain transactions when they are an inconvenience or just icky? I know my store won't. I once asked if I can refuse WET MONEY (ewww) and I can't. Yuck.
                            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I don't know. The whole thing seems rather childish and pointless to me.

I don't know what this cashier has done to you in the past, but I don't see how paying her in quarters changes anything. She's not going to be any friendlier towards you now.

Did it really make you feel better? If I had done something like that, I would have felt small and petty.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                              X