This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy Your Stay in the Loading Zone

I didn't save a copy of this story before the hacks, but a lot of people enjoyed it, so I'm getting off my bum and writing it again [This time I'll save it]:

My husband's stepfather (my FIL) used to own a warehouse and trucking company. He liked driving and often drove a truck right up until he sold the company and retired last year. My mother-in-law would often accompany him just to get out and around.

My FIL is a very nice and easygoing person. He pretty much had to be if he was driving several tons of fast-moving metal. Driving a truck is not a proper job for someone with a thin skin and anger issues.

He does, however, have limits on what he will take. He also has a very mean passive-agressive streak that you don't want turned in your direction.

This particular incident happened when he was making a delivery to a store. He started backing his truck up to the loading area when a jerk zipped up and parked between him and the bay.

FIL asked the guy to move and was rewarded with some not-so-nice words [something along the lines of "you can fucking wait" I believe] as the jerk went into the store.

I suppose FIL could have taken the high road and waited, but he didn't appreciate how rude the jerk was. So he made sure to park the truck in such a way that the jerk was blocked in and began to unload his truck.

When the jerk came out he demanded that FIL move so he could leave. FIL told him that he would move when he was done unloading. Of course unloading from the bay would have been faster, but FIL wasn't at the bay and whose fault was that?

So it was bring out the hand truck. Lift it up into the truck. Put merchandise on the hand truck. Move the lift down. Walk over to the bay. Unload. Repeat. It dawned on the jerk that he was going to be there a while. So he got verbally abusive.

FIL ignored him and continued his very slow unloading. Finally the jerk couldn't take it any more. He got into his vehicle and drove at the truck as if he would ram it. No response from FIL. He just kept unloading.

Then the jerk decided to make a run for the small gap between the truck and the building. He did manage to get out. He also had a nice large gash in the side of his vehicle. The truck got a bit of paint on it. FIL finally had to pay attention since his truck was now involved in an accident.

The jerk decided to try blaming FIL for the damage and actually brought in the police thinking he could get FIL in trouble. That didn't turn out very well for the jerk either.

I have a couple more vintage FIL stories if anyone wants to read them.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

oh yes i loved this one
    please post more!

Comment

More! MORE!

. . . please.
      ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

More! Bravo! Encore!
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Wow

...I already like your father-in-law.
          Any resemblance between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Comment

Ah yes...I recall this story ...Brings a tear of joy to my old eyes..

to the "old man"
            "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

I second, the motion... or third... fourth... whatever! Give us more!
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

More is good.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

More, please!

I think I'm in love . . .

Comment

More! More!

Umm, isn't the loading area for transport vehicles only anyway?
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                      More! More!

I have a feeling that might be why it didn't turn out very good for the jerk
                      free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                        Don't you know? SCs will park ANYWHERE, for whatever reason, no matter what.

Every day (more on weekends), customer service or guys in receiving will make a page asking the owner of such and such color car with whatever license plates to please move their vehicle because they are blocking a delivery. Even funnier is when they page management or ownership to move their cars.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think your FIL took a very high road. If I had been in his shoes, and thought to block the dude in and do what your FIL did, when the SC started to get abusive, I would not have been so silent, but would have thrown the SC's words back in his face: "You can fucking wait."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

I've always loved this story! Thanks for the repost!
                            "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

we have people park in a loading dock across from our store all the time. and i dont mean one or 2, we had 5 cars once make up an imaginary parking lane that blocked off the loading dock and part of the driveway.
                              the boonies is full of boneheads
                              Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X