Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lookit what I can do! (potentially image-heavy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookit what I can do! (potentially image-heavy)

My friend is strictly a crocheter and was impressed when I took to knitting last year. She requested a pair of hand-knit socks, so I told her to favorite some patterns on Ravelry. She chose this one, so I ordered what I needed. The yarn and needles came in last week.

It was a tricky cast-on but I finally got a start on it. These socks are knit from the heel out, so what you see below in the (very blurry and low quality, sorry!) photo is the first few rounds of the heel.

I'd been wanting to post a show-off thread for a while. Crafty folks, feel free to hijack and show off your own stuff as well!

Nice! I'm a crocheter. I'm working on a lavender purple scarf with honeycomb stitching to match my purple cloche hat for the winter! I have some more stuff I'm going to work on. And yes, pics will be posted later!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'd love to be able to get more into knitting, but with an 18 month old running around it's hard. I'm still in the basic "fancy" washcloth and scarf stage. I did get a bunch of needles from my MIL though, so I may give it another go soon...getting used to J only taking one nap now.

Comment

I crochet clashingly coloured, weird & wonky blankets with a very large hook & several strands of whatever wool I can get my hands on

Keep my feet warm in winter & gives my hands some exercise
        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I can cochet, but what I really need to do is make a tablecloth with the fabric I bought a year ago. :/
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If I can get a better pic I'll post the shawl I'm working on later. I've discovered I LOVE lace knitting. This is the pattern for the shawl. I'm doing it in a 50/50 wool/silk purple laceweight I got from Knitpicks.

The socks are in a 75/25 superwash merino/nylon fingering weight, also from Knitpicks. I've fallen in love with their yarn, as well as their needles. Before working on these two projects I'd been using aluminum Boye needles and whatever acrylic I could find nearby, acrylic for EVERYTHING...now it's worth it for me to wait and order from them before casting on. And around here, we have one proper yarn store that sells anything besides acrylic, in Shreveport, and I can really only make it there on Tuesdays as they're closed Sundays and Mondays. And they're quite expensive. I'm happy with the affordability of Knitpicks yarn; I can play with more luxury blends and not have to take out a federal loan. I just have to remember that their wool blends are going to have a slightly more yellowish tint than the online pictures.

Comment

Working...
            X