X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebook help

so...I did it...I bought a nook!

but now I wanna find books to rent while I slowly build my book collection.

some books I know flat out I wanna buy digital copies of, but i don't want to buy a copy of a book then find out that I didn't like it like I thought I would...

any suggestions?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

on the bn.com you can usually download a sample of the book. if I remember right you can go into Barnes & Noble stores and read any book for free. A lot of the classics are free.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Yes, if you are in the store you can get a lot of extra content (including some extra help in Angry Birds ). There's also lots of exclusive essays and stuff for nook. The Nook Bookstore on bn.com has links for recommendations and a section of ebooks under $5.

You might check out Project Gutenberg (http://www.gutenberg.org/); they have lots of free books (all public domain stuff). Also check with your local library; a lot of libraries are doing ebook lending these days, too.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

If you like science fiction and fantasy, try the Baen Free Library (www.baen.com/library) or the Baen Free Book CDs online at baencd.thefifthimperium.com.

Comment

Also you can check out www.goodreads.com and search for a Nook group for recomendations and maybe also a Nook lendable group as well. I am part of the M/M romance group and we have a special lending section for both nook and kindle.

Comment

A lot of public libraries also have programs where you can "borrow" ebooks (Typically the DRM locks it up after a specific length of time)

Comment

You can get a lot of classic books for free thanks to Project Gutenburg. http://www.gutenberg.org/

Comment

A lot of free books can be found at ePrint-Studio.

Both Amazon and Barnes & Noble have many free ebooks to download.

I found the Doc Savage series online, but they are in PDF.

Here are some ebooks from NASA.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

you can also go to smashwords (www.smashwords.com) it has alot of independant publishers and some bigger names. There are free stories as well as stories you pay for .You can try a percentage (usually 7%-20% of the story) of alot of the paid stories for free.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    A lot of free books can be found at ePrint-Studio.

Both Amazon and Barnes & Noble have many free ebooks to download.

I found the Doc Savage series online, but they are in PDF.

Here are some ebooks from NASA.
                    pdfs are not a problem--there are many programs out there that can convert such files into those usable by a nook. I use Calibre myself, and its never failed me. (I haz kobo)
                    *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Working...
                    X