This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think Mardi Gras is a party?

That's nothin'...Multiply that times three, add slutty & very inappropriate costumes worn by rednecks and hipsters alike, enough alcohol to sink an oil tanker (this is an alcohol-town and the river that runs thru the town isn't called the Rum River for nothing...), Serum's (local bar owned by a former Twins player) tent party featuring G.B. Leighton and a few other popular well-known local artists, and you have what the Halloween Capital of the World does in celebration of the day, from Friday through Sunday night, and into Monday morning.

And my shop is right in the middle of all the bars doing this--- there are 6 within a 2 1/2 block radius. Last year was interesting enough. This year looks to be even bigger, if that is even possible. Last year the cops came in here to warm up and get coffee/cocoa, etc.

I'll try to get photos of the pandemonium.
    "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

that is almost as bad as the bar district on the north side of Milwaukee (there must be 15 or 20 bars in a 5 block radius). then throw in a theater right in the middle of this area that does 2 consecutive midnight showings of Rocky Horror. then add in the overnight temps common for this time of year and you get some really interesting people watching (both men and women) walking down the street and in line for RHPS
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

At least it isn't Detroit, where they celebrate Halloween by setting buildings on fire just for shits and giggles. ><
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        At least it isn't Detroit, where they celebrate Halloween by setting buildings on fire just for shits and giggles. ><
        Up until recently, that was a bad thing.. now, with so many vacant buildings, that just means it saves the city money, buy having less buildings to tear down
        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

my FIL was out in front of the store last year, smoking a cigarette and he said he watched some girl (in a slutty costume of course) slide her panties off, squat next to one of the trees in the sidewalk planter/boxes, peed, and then vomited, then left her panties on the ground and got in a cab... This would shock me but living here for more than half my life so all I can tell you is "Welcome to Anoka..."

He said that he enjoyed the show and he didn't have to pay for it, and wants to do another shift at the store again this year...
          "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

I think I'd like to take a shift at the store in question myself.

Hear that? That's the sound of pretty girls making bad decisions.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X