This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I was that dumb!

Well, my broadband is really rather slow right now. So I phone my company and we run through the troubleshooting.

We make sure there's no interference, reset the router and then we come to the socket itself. The lovely lady the other end asks me to take the front plate off the socket to see if there's a test socket under the outer plate (I'm sure you can see where this is going). So, I go and get my trusty screwdriver and get on with unscrewing it. I finish unscrewing it, pull off the plate and hear the following

ffffffffffzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt
    bbbbbrrrrrrrrr
    *dialtone*

It's at this point I realise what I've done and feel a bit dense...
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Lemmie guess, you're using VoIP for your phone service, right?
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, we've been having problems off and on with our internet going out. Usually resetting the router works, but two days ago, it all went kerflooie. Not even the power light was on in the router. I waited all day for my aunt to wake up and finally had to wake her up 'cause I was like "er, I think we need to replace our router." She told me to double-check it.

One of the cords had fallen out. The one that gives it power. Gee, it's like magic plugging that back in.
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
      X