This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whovians to me!

I am doing a multi-genre project for a grad class. First time I've ever heard of one, and it seems awesome. It's a research project...with no essay. You express the information in a variety of ways, from recipes to poems to videos, whatever. And we get free reign of topic.

I'm doing the Doctor

So anybody know some really great sites on the Doctor and his history? Or great places for video? Or alternatively want to share your history with the Doctor?

I want to complete geek out my prof (who is a complete Star Wars nut).
    My NaNo page

My author blog

would you like an autograph from the 7th doctor?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw

This is the official site and probably the best place to start. There are hundreds of fan sites around, you just need to sit down and google thru them.

Good luck. Would love to see the finished project.

If your teacher is a Star Wars fan, chances are he is a Whovian too (I am)
      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I actually just called him to ask about documenting sources (the instructions indicate he wants print outs of sources...how do you print out videos?), and he had no idea about who the Doctor is. So this'll be fun ^__^ Need to find a big shoe box to cover in blue paper (TARDIS blue if I can!)

And Sarlon, if you want to scan or take a picture of that and e-mail it to me, that would be awesome. How'd you get an autograph?
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of the Who's in Whoville and the grinch.

I'm already thinking of Christmas shows.

And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

all I have is a sonic screwdriver and the key to the tardis.....
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I only discovered the Doctor this year, so I probably won't be any help. I think it's an awesome idea though! There is a con just after Thanksgiving that I'll be attending, but I suspect that will be to late to assist.

Good luck!

Comment

Thus far, I've written a recipe for the show, a Labyrinthine Sentence which needs work because the Doctor love alliteration and I have none in it, working on an "obituary" to reflect last season's finale, and want to write a manifesto around the Doctor's beliefs.

And yet I find little online that reflects that.

*sigh*

Need more time so I can just sit and watch episodes >.<
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                X