This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth kpzra View Post
    The toaster oven works fine for most meals though.
    I know a good setup for a fruit pie that works well for the toaster oven size if you have a pie pan that fits.

Comment

The usual...turkey with rolls, mashed potatoes, green bean and/or mushroom casserole, jello, corn, stuffing, can-shaped cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie.

Won't need to take in any leftovers for work that night because we're having food dropped off starting at 7, 2 hours before we open. If I had to guess I'd say Jimmy Johns.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        I know a good setup for a fruit pie that works well for the toaster oven size if you have a pie pan that fits.
        We have one that fit's 9x13 pans, it's just that both dishes take 45ish minutes to cook and only one pan at a time fits. I could make a pie up the day before but I've been feeling crappy/depressed. I'd still be down for the recipe though

Comment

A change of plans. I had pizza Tuesday night at happy hour, so didn't want pizza again. I upgraded. I got a rack of ribs, and put them in my crock pot for about 5 hours. I think that'll be my new Thanksgiving tradition. So delicious and nummy.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

For us, the menu is looking thusly:

Dinner
            ~ Turkey (Alton Brown's recipe. The butterflied, dry "brined" one)
            ~ Mashed sweet potatoes
            ~ Roasted parsnips
            ~ Stuffing

Dessert
            ~ Cherry pie
            ~ Sweet potato pie
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Salmon (the store was sold out of turkey).
              Some extremely good chocolate mousse that's made in Germany.

That's about it.

Comment

I had a casserole made of pot pie filling and stuffing early this morning (I worked overnight). Tonight I'll have salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I'm taking along a pear, chocolate cupcake, and I don't know what else. They'll have Italian food at work. I don't think I'll want that, though.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My mead-roasted turkey, stuffing, creamed cheese corn, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and mock apple pie tarts.
                  I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

SO and I both woke up pretty early this morning, so for breakfast I made bacon, scrambled eggs, and toast.

Thanksgiving Dinner consisted of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, rolls and cranberry sauce. This year was my first time making homemade dressing. It turned out OK, but I think I can make it better next time.
                    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Papa Murphy's five meat pizza and football. My wife has to work all day and evening at WallyWorld.

Comment

Thanksgiving dinner this year was at my daughters.

Dinner consisted of:

Turkey
                        Roast Beef
                        Sweet Potatoes
                        Macaroni and Cheese
                        Corn
                        Deviled Eggs
                        Marinated salad consisting of Tomatoes, Green Peppers, Onions, Cucumbers and olives
                        Baked Beans
                        Rolls

For dessert:

Pumpkin Pie
                        Apple Pie
                        Chocolate Pie
                        Banana Split Pie

Comment

First course: Salad

Spinach with Roma tomatoes, Broccoli, and Cucumbers. Topped with cheese and "Goddess" dressing (tahini based dressing)

Main course:

Turkey Breast
                          Brussel Sprouts
                          Baked Potatoes (Sweet and White)
                          Broccoli
                          Baked Carrots
                          Stuffing (9-grain Italian bread cubes with celery and onions)
                          Jellied Cranberry Sauce
                          Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce with Orange

Beverages:
                          Sparkling White Grape Juice
                          Cranberry Ginger Ale (Diet and Regular)

Dessert:

Baked Pumpkin Pie Filling (No crust)

BONUS:

I bring 2 Pumpkin pies (store bought), whipped cream, Egg Nog and Apple Cider into work with me, for my co-workers who have to work the holidays.

SC
                          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Today we had...

Turkey
                            Two kinds of stuffing
                            Yams
                            Green Bean Cassarolle
                            Homemade bread
                            Carrot Soufle (sp?)
                            Homemade Mac and Cheese
                            Jumbalya
                            Gumbo
                            Pumpkin Pie
                            Pecan Pie

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                              My mead-roasted turkey
                              Great idea! If the googles don't fetch something, mind if I PM you for a recipe?

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                              Thanksgiving dinner this year was at my daughters.
                              Dinner consisted of:
                              This sounds from context like it was her first hosting - if so, quite ambitious!!! (If not, still sounds quite ambitious, really. Always like those two meat dinners. )

Comment

My hubby was diagnosed with diabetes about 4 months ago, so we had to make a diabetic-friendly Thanksgiving dinner. We had turkey, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and pumpkin dessert (recipe below). My sister-in-law insisted we also have stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and crescent rolls. Hubby didn't eat any of that.

Pumpkin Dessert
                                30 frozen phyllo cups, thawed
                                30 pecan halves, toasted (about 3 oz.)
                                2 oz. cream cheese
                                1/2 cup hard pack pumpkin
                                1 tsp. vanilla extract
                                1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
                                1/2 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
                                3/4 cup whipped cream, plus additional for topping

Mix the cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and whipped cream until creamy. Distribute evenly among phyllo cups. Top with additional whipped cream and a pecan half.

They're like little, individual pumpkin pies. The original recipe said they were 4 carbs each, but then the original recipe called for sugar. They're certainly even fewer carbs when made with Splenda.
                                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X