Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, red velvet is a light chocolate flavor. Chocolate and strawberries=yum, though I prefer dark chocolate.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      Tomato Soup Cake with Cream Cheese Icing.

I'd be happy if you didn't like it. I'd eat your share.
      I made that once! Cost me about $50.00 in ingredients!

My actual favourites are all kinds of rich chocolate cake with rich chocolate icing. Maybe a mix of buttercream and fondant! The richer and chocolatier, the better!
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

[Tomato Soup Cake]
        Quoth cindybubbles View Post
        I made that once! Cost me about $50.00 in ingredients!

I don't even wanna know why, but I hope it was good!

BTW, if anyone's interest is piqued, DO NOT attempt this with a hand mixer!!! The batter is like mortar.

Comment

My version of a "Chocolate Overload" Cake is 2 layers of Devil's food cake with a middle layer of a chewy brownie, chocolate Italian meringue buttercream holding the layers together and dark chocolate ganache enrobing the outside of the cake. Then I decorate the top of the cake with shards of dark chocolate.

My other super chocolate cake is 6 layers, alternating chocolate sponge and chocolate genoise, filled with alternating layers of chocolate mousse and chocolate ganache, iced with chocolate Italian meringue buttercream, then covered in dark chocolate shavings.
          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Chocolate cake with peanut butter icing!
            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Sounds interesting, I can honestly say I've never tried peanut butter icing.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'm more of a pie person, honestly. However, I will never turn down a slice of carrot cake or lemon cake. Especially lemon cake.
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                  Sounds interesting, I can honestly say I've never tried peanut butter icing.
                  It's so yummy! It's just vanilla icing with lots of peanut butter mixed in, that's what I always did. But it's bound to be incredibly sweet. So I'd see if I could find an alternate recipe. When the cake is iced, I love sprinkling Reese's peanut butter cups (the mini ones or the crumbled big ones) that or crushed peanuts.
                  Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
                  X