Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame my genetics on my boobs growing, even though the last spurt was in the last couple of years and I'm long past puberty.

I was pretty crestfallen when I found out I was a 36D. Unless you're at Vicky's or Lane Bryant, you're not going to find any "pretty" bras above a C cup, it seems. It seems bra designers think that us big ol titty ladies just want to wear white, black, and beige bras.

Fortunately, I found a blue one and a red one at TJMAXX (I don't like red, but I have too many black ones already and don't wear white anything), and when I have extra cash, I'll splurge at Vicky's with a coupon.

My boyfriend's favorite bra of mine makes my boobs look like a damn shelf.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Just like designers assume that the large chested lady doesn't want a pretty bra and is happy with an ugly off white one. -.- I happen to like bras that are different colours; I once had a happy day where I found a red bra, a blue one and a pink one in the same store... I was even happier when Fiance said he'd pay for them so I could buy them all. XD

However, most of the time bigger sizes only ever seem to come in off white or white and are ugly as hell. -.-
      Funny thing is, the ones I wear most often lately are the beige ones. Part of it the cheap t-shirts they make anymore...unless it's a really dark color you run the risk of it showing through, so I wear the flesh-tones. Part of it is my cuter ones got worn out and I haven't really wanted to shop for them. I actually found one Hanes style at Target that works well so I snagged a few in beige and white when they had them (they're kinda hard to find, too). I should go to VS or somewhere and get properly measured and have someone help me, and invest a little money in the endeavor.

On a related note, anyone have any sources for decent quality basic tshirts that aren't paper thin (and not too pricey)? I used to do well with Old Navy's "perfect" tshirts but they aren't so perfect anymore. The fabric is so thin that they're practically see-through and cling in all the wrong places. Seems to be the way of things everywhere I go. I had Old Navy gift cards from last Christmas and it took me forever to finally spend them. I got one particular shirt in several colors and they all started getting holes after only a handful of washes. I considered returning them but then I'd just end up with store credit that I can't spend again, so I figure I'll just wear them under sweaters until they die.
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Weirdly enough, the best quality t-shirts I have are my band t-shirts. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          *snip*

On a related note, anyone have any sources for decent quality basic tshirts that aren't paper thin (and not too pricey)? I used to do well with Old Navy's "perfect" tshirts but they aren't so perfect anymore. The fabric is so thin that they're practically see-through and cling in all the wrong places. Seems to be the way of things everywhere I go. *snip*
          Sooo glad I'm not the only one to notice this. I used to stock up on them but now even my husband is annoyed I can't find plain t-shirts. I just broke down and bought a pack of colored mens undershirts, unfortunately I grabbed crew neck which I hate. Walmart ones aren't to bad though.

I gave up years ago on finding cute bras in larger sizes. I was 32DD in 8th grade. Now I have to try and find G or H cups which SUCKS.

Comment

Quoth kpzra View Post
            Sooo glad I'm not the only one to notice this. I used to stock up on them but now even my husband is annoyed I can't find plain t-shirts. I just broke down and bought a pack of colored mens undershirts, unfortunately I grabbed crew neck which I hate. Walmart ones aren't to bad though.
            I have considered this. Maybe next time I go to Target I'll see if they have anything. Their Champion C9 shirts (in the workout clothing section) actually aren't bad, but I haven't seen colors I like lately. I have a black one I wear as a regular shirt. I'll have to look online and see if they have more colors there. Prices aren't bad especially when they're on sale.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I struggle finding tops that are any good too. Either paper thin and see through under normal light/flash* OR too tight around the neck (not sized up from size 8 UK at all it seems) Or too low and wide.

I've just had to buy some 'modesty panels' for when I get back to work as it doesn't matter what I wear - if I'm not nearly choking I end up keeping my fleece zipped up to stop feeling self conscious when work colleagues are standing in front of my desk and I'm sitting down.

The places I tend to find the most suitable stuff for UK based peeps is Dorothy Perkins. They last a while but all the necklines are built way too wide and risk showing bra straps or far too much cleavage. They do sweat a little too. (But they are cheap in the £8-10 or 2 for ~£15 range). Sainsburys TU 'corded' style tops aren't too bad either.

*not showing you that photo of me wearing a grey top which was fine until the flash showed up my white bra... damn it.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                My boyfriend's favorite bra of mine makes my boobs look like a damn shelf.
                My friend the DJ calls those "Tea-tea trays."
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

For the UK ladies I'd suggest Bravissimo, Boux Avenue and Debenhams if you haven't tried them already. Debenhams have the widest price range, but Boux Avenue have sales all the time. I'm somewhere around a 38D but it varies with the brand. I'd be annoyed if someone said I was lucky as well. I get annoyed with shops that stop stocking sizes above a 36C.
                  "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Working...
                  X