This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Immune System:

You know, we go through this EVERY holiday season. I've told you time and time again that you are NOT allowed to go on vacation this time of year. Blackout dates exist for a reason!!

I do not relish spending time coughing up lungbits, going through a box of kleenex a day, having trouble breathing OR having my ears tag-team on the clog/unclog game which REALLY throws me off balance (literally AND figuratively!). And don't even get me started on those years you let me contract bronchitis, pneumonia, and the flu, respectively. You're in hot water here, bub, and this needs to be addressed.

I'm currently sitting here wishing I was able to just expel all the mucous in my system and be done with it, while simultaneously taking a drill to my inner ears to clear up the cloggy mess they've become. All because you're not doing your job or pulling your weight. Your performance has been lackluster as of late, and I'm going to have to INSIST that you start doing the duties required of you!

Further, I cannot stand taking neon blue cold medicine that looks like I'm taking shots of Dr. Manhattan, and cherry yuck NyQuil regularly. My brain is now fluorescent colored because of you, and I'm pretty sure I've now got blood in my cold medicine stream.

I propose this. You have 48 hours to start behaving, or else. No, I have no dire consequences that I'm willing to share. Just "or else" because if I have to spend more time and money on cold meds and being sick, NOT ONE part of me is going to be happy.

Brain, heart, lungs, nose, sinuses, eyes and throat have already sworn they will hunt you down for vengeance. I'd think carefully about your next step, they're like, the dons of the Human Body Mafia. The ball is in your court, Immune System (Can I call you Moony??). Game on, dude.

XOXO (In a completely sarcastic manner!)
    Lupo

*this letter brought to you by a supremely medicated Lupo who has a low tolerance for most things on a good day (i.e. alcohol, cold meds, etc) Today at work is gonna be FUN!

It sounds like its holidaying with my immune system which has been AWOL for the last 6 weeks.

Hope you start feeling better soon!
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I lay claim to the lungbits, so that I may clone an army of Lupos for the end times!
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I've been fighting the same old bug for nearly a month now. I have my good days and my really snotty (pun intended) days.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
          No, I have no dire consequences that I'm willing to share.
          You could always tell it that you're interviewing other promising candidates in case it doesn't shape up.

Quoth Seraph
          I lay claim to the lungbits

Ew.

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post

Ew.
            Think about it though, we could offer the LupoArmy caffeine and tea....and BAMMO. World is ours!

Comment

But you'd still have to handle the lungbits. Also, where are you going to put the world? Don't you already have enough trouble with storing stuff?

Comment

So you have the same headoctopus that I have?

Seriously feels like there's a rabid octopus inside my sinus.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post

I've...never heard it described that way.

It seems apt. My octopus just shifted sinus pressure so suddenly, I just ran into a wall.

No, no, seriously. Was going to put my shoes away, and the pressure when from pressing down onto the left ear to right towards the front of the face. Bye bye equilibrium and balance. Hello wall.

I think I'm gonna get a lump on my forehead.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post

You nailed it.. thats whats been wrong with me... Rapid Octopus Disease!

I also keep bouncing off the walls.
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
                      But you'd still have to handle the lungbits. Also, where are you going to put the world? Don't you already have enough trouble with storing stuff?
                      ..../shamed

I think I'm gonna get a lump on my forehead.
                      LUMPY SPACE PRINCESS?!?!?!?

Oh. My. GLOOOOOB!

Comment

My octopus just shifted sinus pressure so suddenly, I just ran into a wall.
                        I'm both relieved and sorry to learn that I'm not the only one who has this problem. I hope your immune system comes back from vacation soon. Mine's been apparently off on a trip, too. I'm accepting applications for a replacement, at this point.

Comment

Ugh, poor Lupo. At least it's not a llama/octopus hybrid?
                          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth Cookie View Post
                            Ugh, poor Lupo. At least it's not a llama/octopus hybrid?

Well now you may have just jinxed it... Llamapus!!!!

Comment

/nerdgasms over Cookie's new avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X