This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Important's Sucky Logic Pays Off

As many of you in the south-eastern portions of the US may have noticed, we've got a little weather movement passing through. It's only dropping 1-3" where I am, but that and the expectation of ice in the morning is enough to instigate the bread and milk rush at Wally World. I have to give the place credit: *every* register was open, and they were trying to get people through as fast as they could. I didn't even hear a lot of complaining from the customers about the waits.

So I get in line at the self checkouts with the Evil Overlord and our bucket o' chicken from the deli. One line is feeding four SCOs, but one of the SCOs is stuck on the "requires associate login" screen. There's a red light flashing on the monitor, and one on a pole over the machine. No one in line is going over to it because by the time you get to the head of the line you can plainly see that it's out of order.

Cue Mr. Important who is clearly too good to be waiting in line with his three items (celery, mouthwash, and a bottle of cologne). He gets into line about four people behind me, and I've still got three ahead of me. He sees the empty SCO and figures that if no one else is going to use it, it must be reserved for his own special snowflake self. He barges past the line and plops his stuff down at the malfunctioning SCO.

He stares at the screen demanding an associate login. He tries to scan an item. The red light flashes at him and the screen again demands the associate login. He taps a few buttons on the screen, which responds with "invalid login" and returns to demanding an associate.

Repeat the actions in the previous paragraph two more times. Mix in swearing from Mr. Important and random snickers from the people who had waited in line and were now done with their purchases and leaving. I get to the SCO across from him in time to her him make a snarky comment to the cashier attending the SCOs about the machines never working when he comes through. So what does the cashier do with this self-important jerk who she saw cut in line?

She takes him to the her register and checks him out right there!

So Mr. Important has now had his EW attitude reinforced, while those of us who were following the polite rules of society had to wait.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Celery, mouthwash and cologne you say? Wonder what he was planning for his snowbound-inside time.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Cue Mr. Important who is clearly too good to be waiting in line with his three items (celery, mouthwash, and a bottle of cologne).
      his milkshake shake brings all the girls to his yard...

reward the ew...with a mallet upside the head.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
        his celery, mouthwash and cologne bring all the girls to his yard...
        Fixed that for you.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And he's like...it's better than yours...damn right, it's better than yours...
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

They are right about the bread run...I stocked up on Saturday. I live in Ga and nothing is open but Kroger's. We did have one woman leave her cart with a 2 year old in the middle of the main isle and just walked away. My friend moved it into another isle and waited for her to return which was around 5 minutes with her screaming she lost her cart. Not the baby...just her cart. I carry a stun gun and was just dying to use it on her. To many EW's in stores.

Comment

That cashier is going to learn a lesson. Mr. Sucky was probably followed by a herd of other SCs who suddenly wanted checked out at the podium. Yeaaaahno.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

When you give in to EW's that way, they will expect it (and more) the next time. As will anybody who witnessed it. Not a good move, not a good move at all.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                  And he's like...it's better than yours...damn right, it's better than yours...
                  I would share it... But I'd have to charge.
                  Quoth MickiGa1 View Post
                  We did have one woman leave her cart with a 2 year old in the middle of the main isle and just walked away. My friend moved it into another isle and waited for her to return which was around 5 minutes with her screaming she lost her cart. Not the baby...just her cart. I carry a stun gun and was just dying to use it on her. To many EW's in stores.
                  This... just.... The words I want to use to describe this sorry excuse for a mother are too foul for this site. I know that the chances of a child being abducted are actually very slim, but what if the kid had pulled some glass jars off a shelf or something? Okay, resisting the urge to
                  Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  That cashier is going to learn a lesson. Mr. Sucky was probably followed by a herd of other SCs who suddenly wanted checked out at the podium. Yeaaaahno.
                  At the time I didn't think that the cashier had done anything wrong: with the huge crowd of people there she was just doing her best to keep things moving. Surprisingly, everyone in line for the SCOs was patient, actually competent at using them, and no one had more than half a dozen items to check out, so she wasn't really busy when the SC threw his temper tantrum. Even more surprising, while I was there no one else followed Mr. Important's example and cut to the podium or the broken SCO.

It was almost like a little after-Christmas miracle.
                  Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Celery, mouthwash and cologne you say? Wonder what he was planning for his snowbound-inside time.
                    Maple syrup up the nose is not fun, not fun at all.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

would he shake his celery while singing like this?

Comment

Working...
                      X