This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
    Guy at the 7-11 told her he didn't have to card her because she's fat.

WTF does that even mean?
    It means that if the tobacco and alcohol authorites use a fat 17-year-old kid to test his store, he will fail big time, and get a big fat fine.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      You can be obese and not be diabetic.
      And then there's my grandma, who is diabetic but nowhere near obese, and never has been.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

And I found diabetes hit me during my attempts to lose weight.

Now I'm happy with my weight. It's everyone else who has a problem with it 'cause I won't just the fear of fat crowd.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Don't forget the BMI was created by a mathematician, not a doctor.

I wish they'd do away with the BMI altogether. The past two times I've had to have my lady parts violated, I have to be weighed and measured and my BMI has been overweight for both of those times, but the nurse always says "Well, we won't really take that too seriously because you're quite toned and athletic looking.".......but they write it down anyway, so the doc sees it and it says overweight...so then it's lecture time.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            Don't forget the BMI was created by a mathematician, not a doctor.

I wish they'd do away with the BMI altogether. The past two times I've had to have my lady parts violated, I have to be weighed and measured and my BMI has been overweight for both of those times, but the nurse always says "Well, we won't really take that too seriously because you're quite toned and athletic looking.".......but they write it down anyway, so the doc sees it and it says overweight...so then it's lecture time.
            That's why I think our family Doc is awesome. Whenever he calculates my BMI he also checks blood pressure and fat percentage as well before writing it in my journal. This way he knows that yes, I'm obese, but still I'm keeping a (relatively) healthy lifestyle. He knows that lazy skinny people are more in risk of getting a heart attack than active "curvy" people are.
            Last edited by NorthernZel; 01-05-2011, 08:33 PM.
            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth roothorick View Post
              210 is fat? If you're 4'6" maybe... I'm 5'10", over 210 and I barely have a gut.
              This is mind-boggling to me, as a stick-thin 5'10 person weighing in at 140

Comment

Quoth Versalia View Post
                This is mind-boggling to me, as a stick-thin 5'10 person weighing in at 140
                My guess would be straight muscle there. I'm 5'11" and normally about 165. (Trying to finish dropping second-baby weight.)
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"

Comment

I guess I'm an aberration.

My BMI is over 40 (5'3" and 240 lbs, and not nearly enough muscle), but my doc just gave me a gold star on my annual check up. Blood pressure was 110/70, Cholesterol = 121, Glucose = 81

NOTHING was out of range--not even near marginal.
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                    I guess I'm an aberration.

My BMI is over 40 (5'3" and 240 lbs, and not nearly enough muscle), but my doc just gave me a gold star on my annual check up. Blood pressure was 110/70, Cholesterol = 121, Glucose = 81

NOTHING was out of range--not even near marginal.
                    Wow. Go you!

Comment

Last time I went to the doctor I was told that I should lose weight and in the same breath, told that being overweight lessened my fertility.

I don't want kids; should I stay overweight? Anyway, I've got a tum but I'm not that over; I'm tall, so I carry my weight well as opposed to someone else of shorter height. In any case, I'm trying to tone up a little before the summer.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                      X