This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wally World Supports Terrorists

At least according to one old lady I heard laying into some poor associate. I also learned that the proof of this is the fact that Wally World sells t-shirts with the Thundercats logo on them.

All these years I thought the Thundercats was just some poorly-scripted 1980s anthropomorphic cartoon. Little did I know that the Thundercats logo is actually the symbol of the Black Panthers... the aforementioned terrorist group.

She was demanding that the associate remove the rack of t-shirts immediately. When the associate refused, cue the usual rant about not shopping there ever again, sending a letter to corporate, they should be ashamed of themselves, yadda yadda yadda. This woman was cookoo for coco puffs and with a side of conspiracy nutjob.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

I shudder to think what she'd do when she found the Cobra and Decepticon tshirts!

Comment

Seriously? Wow. Besides, it's a shadow, how do we know that's not the profile of an ocelot, or jaguar, or...etc. Hee. I used to watch that with my dad!

Thunder! Thunder! Thunder! Thundercats...HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It's a good thing she didn't know anything about the show, or she would have mentioned Panthro as proof of the connection.

Comment

I thought the Thundercats support prostitution. Hence the battle cry "Thunder Cats...HOOOOooo!!!!"
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            I thought the Thundercats support prostitution. Hence the battle cry "Thunder Cats...HOOOOooo!!!!"
            I always thought that sounded like it might be Lion-o's "O" cry.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              Didn't they use that in an episode of Robot Chicken?

Comment

Quoth DarkProwler View Post
                I shudder to think what she'd do when she found the Cobra and Decepticon tshirts!
                But Cobra Industries is a perfectly upstanding company involved in communications, pharmaceuticals, and military technologies!

Comment

Black Panthers.

Thundercats

Its a cat. Its black. Only similarity I see.

I'm a furry, and one of my characters is a panther who's black. Does that make me a terrorist too?
                  Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Target sells Voltron t-shirts. In exactly what league of evil does that place them?
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Umm, you do realize that LionO was 10 years old? His body aged due to a glitch in the machinery, but his mind didn't? (and in the 80's 10 years olds were a lot more innocent than today). My kids loved that show

Comment

At least according to one old lady I heard laying into some poor associate. I also learned that the proof of this is the fact that Wally World sells t-shirts with the Thundercats logo on them.
                        ...wait. Bwhuah?

All these years I thought the Thundercats was just some poorly-scripted 1980s anthropomorphic cartoon.
                        HEY! Only the 3rd and 4th seasons. (Okay, it started in the second season. But still, TC was a damn fine show for its time and it beat sitting through an oversaturation of He-Man and Transformers (both of which I always thought were overrated. I actually think that TC is just one of those shows that's good enough it should never have a live-action movie spinoff, because it would totally be destroyed in the process, whereas fancy machines + special effects = a watchable movie for Transformers. (The second one was incredibly lame though.)))

She was demanding that the associate remove the rack of t-shirts immediately. When the associate refused, cue the usual rant about not shopping there ever again, sending a letter to corporate, they should be ashamed of themselves, yadda yadda yadda. This woman was cookoo for coco puffs and with a side of conspiracy nutjob.
                        When next you see this...failed DNA (and you will, because we all know that "I'm never coming here again!" = "See ya tomorrow" ), please do inform her that because of her stupidity I was motivated to run right out and buy one of those oh-so-offensive shirts just to piss her kind off.

And then of course you must share the resulting head-asplodeyness with the rest of us.
                        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

When I was a kid I wanted to be a member of Cobra. Does that make me a terrorist?
                          A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
                          Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

hell, considering the Doctor was the new Destro ... who can blame anyone for wanting to join Cobra?

Comment

Quoth chrislb View Post
                              When I was a kid I wanted to be a member of Cobra. Does that make me a terrorist?
                              No. A comedian.
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X