This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo MiM and Sightings, with a small order of pwnage

I was doing some shopping today (all the while giving thanks to any deity listening that I had not been cursed at birth with a Lupo-esque sucky magnet), and as I was checking out a manager rushed out to accost the person checking out next to me.

Manager : Jess! I need you to work tonight.
    (presumably) Jess : Sorry, I can't.
    M : But I really need you to work close tonight.
    J : Sorry but I really can't. I'm going around to some friends tonight.
    M : So?
    J : So we have plans.
    M : Well, cancel them.
    J : Ok, I'm no longer sorry. And I'm still not going to work.

The manager turned beetroot-red and blustered at that point, without saying anything really sucky, given about a dozen non-employee customers were all looking at him. I flashed Jess a double thumbs up as she left, which, judging from her smile, was appreciated.

Quoth draco664 View Post
    J : So we have plans.
    M : Well, cancel them.
    J : Ok, I'm no longer sorry. And I'm still not going to work.
    Jess is now my hero.

Comment

1) First, you are supposed to ask nicely. Bribing employees sometimes works, too. (I have bribed my employees with pizza and cookies in the past.)

2) If the answer is no, you must accept it. Find someone else, or take care of it yourself. Part of being a manager means that sometimes, you have to fill in when no one is available. It sucks, but it's part of the job. (Boss Man only had a handful of hours of sleep in the last 48 hours due to filling in for weather-related absences...I presume he is currently napping blissfully since I made it to work and sent him home.)
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

So, how much do you want to bet that closing staff remained 1-short that night?
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

bhskittykatt you are a good person.
          I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            So, how much do you want to bet that closing staff remained 1-short that night?
            Well, due to my insistance on not taking a list with me, I decided to go back (read: was sent back by SWMBO) late last night for a couple of things I had forgotten.

Apart from the one aisle having *seven* people in a good conversation while packing the shelves, there was nothing particularly out of place.

Comment

Working...
            X