Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely something fishy about this. At least your husband was in the car, in case they tried anything on your way there.

I know what you mean, too, about these types always approaching you when you're alone. I go out to do stuff alone all the time, and I've noticed that these guys who are standing around selling stuff will ignore several people walking past, and zoom in on me.

And the panhandlers! Damn! Some dude with bloodshot eyes came up to me asking for "a dollar or two" for gas, gave me some bullshit story. This was at a gas station at around 3am, I was alone. I guess he thought I would be intimidated and give it to him. I said no.

There was a guy who frequently panhandled at the drive-thru of a restaurant I went to all the time. He'd go from one car window to the next in the drive-thru line. He was rather aggressive too. I started pretending I was on the phone until I got to the speaker.

Ugh, I have so many stories about these people I should make a separate thread for that!
    Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Some people really have no idea what kind of image they are putting out about themselves, and how creepy they are acting. That's what really gets my gourd.

The last time I was accosted for money was when we were in historic downtown taking pictures at the pavillion for my friend's wedding. Usually, downtown during the day is pretty safe, but it's at night that you best better have a buddy with you, or better yet, just stay away from there. Anway, this homely looking broad just barged into the photo shoot while a few of us were taking a smoke break and begged for bus fare. No one gave her any money, and she sauntered (well, wabbled) away. The photographer said it was good we didn't give her any, she probably wanted drug or booze money.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I knew someone who had a knife pulled on them by a panhandler outside a grocery store in broad daylight when they declined to give the person any change. This was before 911 was recognized by cellphones, so the only time the police showed up was when the store manager called 911 on the landline at the customer service desk. They also had cameras just outside the entrance where this happened, so the police were able to identify the perpetrator and the tape led to the conviction of that person.

Comment

Working...
        X