This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rainman View Post
    Ooooooh the captain kissed you? lol (loyal Browncoat always and forever here) Cons are great, I also attended one over the weekend, was yours perchance in Boston?
    Yes. It would have been nicer, if I did not have a boyfriend muffin waiting for me. And my con was in the Northwest, and it heavily features a pretty pink flower often found in shoujo anime.

Comment

Quoth Rena_Muffin View Post
      He wanted the message to be written as "Ai *character name*", but with Ai spelled with just an I. Ai does make an I sound, but when written in English it is actually spelled Ai. He would not accept this, just kept insisting I had it wrong and Ai was spelled I. That was the main thing he was arguing with me on. He also argued when I offered to write in Japanese, saying that if I didn't understand how to write in Japanese in English, he was sure I couldn't write in Japanese (his words exactly. That sentence makes me weep a bit). It was about here I suddenly had nine more commissions and sent him on his way.

Is it evil of me to think you should bring a small japanese/english dictionary along with you, and you could flip to the right page and show him he is incorrect ...

My brother in law Pat speaks and reads fluent japanese [to the point where he sounds like a native of tokyo] because of his liking for anime and japanese culture
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Rena_Muffin View Post
        And my con was in the Northwest, and it heavily features a pretty pink flower often found in shoujo anime.
        Quoth Rainman View Post
        Boston here, I was at the Penny Arcade Expo, awesomesauce!!!
        Marcon in Columbus, Ohio for me. First year it was on Easter weekend. I've worked the con for over a decade.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Yes, really.

Quoth Argus View Post
          Their friends probably have a good idea of that person's behavior. If they don't approve of it, they won't pay attention to complaints about your manners. If they do approve of it, they probably behave the same way and you're better off without that business.
          A hundred times yes. The people who rant and rave are also the people that no-one with a working brain listens too. My Mom is one of those SC and what she does not see but I do is the rolling of the eyes by people friends behind her when she raves like this.

Don`t fear a loss of business, fear being swamped by orders instead.

Comment

Working...
          X